Memento Mori

Memento Mori

RRP: £36.08
Price: £18.04
£18.04 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

The vinyl is said to have been pressed at RTI, but we’re still trying to confirm that directly, and we’ll include an update here accordingly if warranted. First and foremost, the 180g 2LP pressings are very nice, thick, black, dead-quiet, and well-centered. SME released Depeche Mode's Black Celebration | The 12" Singles and Music For The Masses | The 12" Singles on 31 May 2019. The film restoration underwent a rigorous process over the course of several years with the participation of personnel involved in making the original films including Anton Corbijn.

The artwork for the exterior of each of the box sets draws on iconography inspired by the original releases, while the vinyl sleeves themselves feature the original single artwork.The target is to compare the dynamics of the music and not of the media (CD, digital files or vinyl). Preceded by the single “Ghosts Again” on 9 February and the track “My Cosmos Is Mine” on 9 March (on streaming platforms) as well as the single “Wagging Tongue” released on 7 July, it is the first Depeche Mode studio album to be recorded and released as a duo, after the death of co-founder and keyboardist Andy Fletcher on 26 May 2022.

As a reminder, the scale goes from 0 to more 20, but the dynamics are considered good from 12, quite good between 10 and 11, and deteriorate below 10. To wit: Depeche Mode have placed 54 songs in the UK Singles Chart and 17 albums in the UK Top 10 to date, and they’ve sold more than 100 million records worldwide. It was undoubtedly recording in the highest possible studio res, however that is not necessarily an indicator of what streaming services offer.And if you have been following my reviews here, there, and everywhere, you know I tend to love it when artists make musical references to past works without stealing the entire concept (like numerous sampling artists might do). My only complaint — not unique to Depeche Mode, I must note — is related to using the fourth side for a laser-etched graphic element, which I think is a wasted effort.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop