The Molly Dineen Collection: Volume 1 (2-DVD set)

£4.805
FREE Shipping

RRP: £9.61
Price: £4.805
£4.805 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

She stops and draws breath. "But the telly thing's a bit like the food thing, isn't it? Broadcasters will say that's what people want and they'll say, sorry Molly, you get 1.5 million viewers and Big Brother gets 13 million. So you don't have a leg to stand on".

As played on the BBC, emphasising Dineen’s BAFTA-winning credentials and the three years it took to make the film. a b c d e f g h Walsh, John (26 April 2011). "Molly Dineen: Notes from the underground". The Independent . Retrieved 21 March 2018. They had a reggae show called Bob and Beyond, but when I looked at the catalogue it was like 600 Bob Marley songs and nothing else. So I helped them develop a massive catalogue of reggae music,” he says. Does she find it difficult to let go of the issues she covers in her films? "I feel it hard to let go of an issue I care about deeply because it affects me and how I live my life and I don't like it," she says, after some consideration. "I won't do the supermarket thing at the moment - it's too raw. Funnily enough, I also got rather impassioned about the amalgamation of regiments. I thought, even I understand that a regiment is based on a real, tribal loyalty, like football teams used to be, and certainly supporters are - and that's another of these dysfunctional things of modern life: how can you be loyal to what is basically now a multimillion-pound business, where players are just bought in for millions, have nothing to do with where they are? What are you loyal to? It's very interesting. I'd document that like a shot." The Grenfell Tower fire last July changed everything, says Dineen, and she is currently considering her next move – mindful that she doesn’t want to make a film specifically about the tragedy, wary of how opportunistic that might seem. She hopes to make a film about the area that will tell not only the story of Grenfell, but also the wider story of the local councillors who faced the moral opprobrium of residents. “I have to work out how to take it forward,” she says. “There is the community who are fighting for its survival, but I would also like to film compassionately with Kensington councillors too, at least the ones who understand the situation.Molly Dineen is a television documentary director, cinematographer and producer. One of Britain's most acclaimed documentary filmmakers, Dineen is known for her intimate and probing portraits of British individuals and institutions. [1] [ bettersourceneeded] Her work includes The Lie of the Land (2007), examining the decline of the countryside and British farming, The Ark (1993) about London Zoo during Thatcherism, and the Lords' Tale (2002), which examined the removal of hereditary peers. Nelson Mandela in Brixton during his state visit to Britain in 1996. Photograph: Tim Graham/Getty Images Tony Blair, a short profile of the Prime Minister produced as a party political broadcast and screened on all four channels for the general election campaign in 1997. [11] The Lord's Tale (Channel 4, 2002) – About the hereditary lords losing their seats in the Lords due to the House of Lords Act 1999. [2]

This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. Please help by adding reliable sources. Contentious material about living people that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately.For non-corporate viewers, however, there are huge gaps. Although the film shows workers in Serco’s prisons and its asylum housing contracts in the UK, there is no mention of Yarl’s Wood – the immigration detention centre, where Channel 4’s undercover filming last year exposed staff members referring to residents as bitches and animals, and where the previous year 10 staff members lost their jobs after allegations of sexual assault and improper sexual conduct. There is also no mention of the controversial – and often very profitable – asylum detention centres in Australia. Nor is there any reference to the Serious Fraud Office investigation into the tagging contract. An asylum-seeker thanks Serco for a small room, saying: 'To me it is a villa' I don’t make films about goodies and baddies because life is too complicated for that. There are two sides to every argument.” BD: We were at the BFI Southbank, and one lady got up after the screening and said, “‘you might not remember me, but I used to come to your shop, you were pushing me to continue my education because I was skipping school.” I would have never remembered it. I said yes because it’s such an incredibly interesting company … it is a very strange beast, covering such an unbelievable variety of types of people, across different territories,” she says. “When you say the word Serco – it’s quite interesting the strength of bad name it has got.” Making it was satisfying, she says, because it was like being given access to the Ladybird books of how the world works. They say: ‘This is John, he makes steel’ and ‘This is Paul, he runs a prison.’ If you are me and you’re nosy and think access to places is key, it is fabulous.” And if you create a lifestyle that means you're in a hurry, you end up in the supermarket and running around and doing all the things that you know are wrong - well, that you know are not contributing to the way of life you'd like to live."

Heart of the Angel (BBC Two, 1989) – Capturing life in Angel Tube Station, one of the busiest on the London Underground. [2] [3] [6] Won Royal Television Society Documentary Award. [ citation needed] His youngest son, JJ, is away, too, with his mother, the supremely wise Maureen. They moved to go to a better school. Yeah, that old one – except JJ moved to Jamaica. In London, he was always in trouble and was told he didn’t belong in a mainstream school. In Jamaica, he’s an A student. Molly Dineen has shot pop stars, primates – and prime ministers. As her first film in a decade comes to BBC Two, she talks to Ben Lawrence

BD: There are loads of organisations that are trying to change things, but the problem is they can only do small bits. There’s not one coordinated body that wants to solve the issue. The power that be don’t want you to clean under the carpet. That’s why you had riots, because things that were under the carpet came out. Only government can legislate for things to change. MD: But then she said that she was now working for the BFI, and that’s why she was sitting here, and wanted to thank him.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop