Alex Ferguson: My Autobiography: The autobiography of the legendary Manchester United manager

£12.5
FREE Shipping

Alex Ferguson: My Autobiography: The autobiography of the legendary Manchester United manager

RRP: £25.00
Price: £12.5
£12.5 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

There has been a lot of expectation on Manchester City and with the spending they have done they have to win something. Sometimes you have a noisy neighbour and have to live with it. You can’t do anything about them…” (On Man City) Origins should never be a barrier to success. A modest start in life can be a help more than a hindrance.” The latest and probably the most controversial book about Ferguson till date. Sir Alex who stepped down at the end of last season, continues on from his previous autobiography Managing My Life: The Autobiography. I bet him he wouldn’t get 15 league goals and I’m going to have to change my bet with him. If he gets to 15 I can change it and I am allowed to do that because I’m the manager. I’m going to make it 150 now!” (On Ronaldo) He’ll be getting a hug and a kiss from me - maybe even two!’ (on his friend Sam Allardyce after Bolton stalled Chelsea’s title challenge in 2006-2007)

There is warmth from Ferguson in his chapter about José Mourinho and it is clear that the pair do enjoy a good relationship, despite what Sir Bobby Charlton, the United director, said about it essentially being a marriage of convenience. Ferguson likes younger people with a bit of devil in them and he smiled to himself when he saw the manner in which Mourinho first announced himself at Chelsea as the "Special One". It's not as complete as I hoped it would be. But then again, he's already had another autobiography published in 2000 titled 'Managing My Life: The Autobiography'. I haven't read that book yet, so I'm guessing that much of what's incomplete here is covered in that book. The pace of the game demanded a referee who was fit. It is an indictment of our game. You see referees abroad who are as fit as butcher’s dogs. We have some who are fit. He wasn’t fit. He was taking 30 seconds to book a player. He was needing a rest. It was ridiculous.’ (On referee Alan Wiley) It is fair to start this review by saying I am a huge Manchester United fan so for me this book has a special feel. The book shows a unique sense of humour to Sir Alex Ferguson which was never very evident in his time on TV during interviews and matches. Di bawah asuhan Sir Alex, MU menjelma menjadi klub yang ditakuti dan produktif mencetak juara di berbagai kompetisi dan terus langganan juara sampai 26 tahun kariernya memanajeri MU. Dari semua prestasi yang diraih ini tak heran bila gelar "manajer terhebat dalam sejarah sepak bola Britania" layak disandangkan padanya.If you're a Manchester United fan, read this book. If you're a Liverpool or Manchester City fan, read this book. If you're a football fan regardless of the team you support, READ THIS BOOK

This is "control" – the key word in Ferguson's philosophy of management – exerted well after the final whistle has been blown. With young people you have to try to impart a sense of responsibility. If they can add greater awareness to their energy and their talents they can be rewarded with great careers.”The Mail on Sunday in their review stated ‘Ferguson emerges from this account as a genuine national hero, one of the great Scots of the 20th century.’ If you can assemble a team of 11 talented players who concentrate intently during training sessions, take care of their diet and bodies, get enough sleep and show up on time, then you are almost halfway to winning a trophy. It is always astonishing how many clubs are incapable of doing this.” Ferguson writes that he found the wine appalling at Stamford Bridge and he told Roman Abramovich so. The following week, he took delivery of a case of Tignanello from the Russian. But the chapter veers away from Mourinho, as Ferguson discusses a range of topics from George Best to the desire of Nemanja Vidic to enlist for the Kosovo conflict and his personal transfer errors, chief among them Kieran Richardson, Eric Djemba-Djemba, William Prunier and Ralph Milne. There had been expectation that Ferguson would discuss why he did not advance Mourinho as his Old Trafford successor, but there is no mention of the subject in this chapter. DH The Pizzagate match at Old Trafford "scrambled Arsène's brain" You don't get the best out of people by hitting them with an iron rod. You do so by gaining their respect, getting them accustomed to triumphs and convincing them that they are capable of improving their performance.”

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop