A Man's Place: Annie Ernaux

A Man's Place: Annie Ernaux

RRP: £9.99
Price: £4.995
£4.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Talvez o seu maior orgulho, ou mesmo a justificação da sua existência: que eu pertencesse ao mundo que o tinha desdenhado. His lack of proper education affected his confidence and caused a lot of friction in his relationship with his daughter (author). No conseguía concentrarme en la lectura, al llegar a alguna página de ese libro mi padre ya no viviría.

Annie Ernaux: A Man’s Place review – an intimate portrait Annie Ernaux: A Man’s Place review – an intimate portrait

I was the fifth of six children, loved him very much, though I was quietly somewhat ashamed he was so much older than my friends' fathers, and uneducated as I myself went to school.I think about my own life, my own father and mother, their lives, the passing of their lives, their aging, and their eventual deaths. By choosing to expose the web of his life through a number of selected facts and details, I feel that I am gradually moving away from the figure of my father. Il padre è un carattere che confessa l'incapacità a vivere e si affida a una speranza che non può riconoscere, sacrificandosi nel dono di una scelta.

A Man’s Place by Annie Ernaux | Fitzcarraldo Editions

I don't know, it's an unspectacular story and style, at least in this translation, but also quietly moving. No início, senti que faltava tristeza, dor e transbordava revolta e crítica à classe social de agricultores e operários na qual tinha nascido. In the few places where she mentions feelings or emotions, I imagine a flood of them, so much so that they finally poke through this very reserved writing style. Od pomoći mogu samo biti trunčice sećanja, niti koje nas vezuju sa nama samima i sa onima zbog kojih smo tu gde jesmo. An unsentimental portrait of a man loved as a parent, admired as an individual but, because of habits and education, heartbreakingly apart.

The social conventions observed by my mother, and for that matter the rest of the neighborhood, had nothing to do with dignity.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop