The Other Sides - 2018

The Other Sides - 2018

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Bob is the author of the Top 100 Canadian Albums, a national best-seller published in 2007, and The Top 100 Canadian Singles, published in September 2010, both from Goose Lane Editions. As a long time mega fan of the totally unique and fascinating Kate Bush, I was very happy to purchase this wonderful product, which has given me quite a lot of material that I previously did'nt know existed. stars out of 5 -- "34 tracks, including some of the avant-pop auteur’s most gorgeous, extravagant, intimate, and bonkers material -- b-sides, remixes, and an album’s-worth of stray, often strange covers. Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada A veteran Canadian broadcaster, Bob Mersereau specializes in popular music writing. You can change your choices at any time by visiting Cookie preferences, as described in the Cookie notice.

THE OTHER SIDES offers a plethora of B-sides, 12” mixes, and other rare tracks, including an entire disc’s worth of covers recorded by Bush, including a couple of classic Elton John songs (“Candle in the Wind,” “Rocket Man”) and “The Man I Love,” written by George and Ira Gershwin.

Kate Bush will release her The Other Sides B-side compilation as a standalone 4CD set and has also officially made available the video for her 1991 cover of Elton John‘s Rocket Man and spoken about the making of the song and the video. Track 2-4 taken from The Golden Compass (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (Decca/New Line NLR39101, 2007). Classic Pop magazine rated the set 9/10, stating "it's hard to believe these gems were mere flip-sides". A lot of these b-side tracks were never published anywhere else, so when I realised they were finally released as a special CD collection, I was relieved to have back so much of what I had lost.

In the weeks preceding the release of the album, music videos of the tracks Rocket Man, Under The Ivy, Experiment IV and The Man I Love were released on YouTube with a written commentary by Kate.To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. For the devoted Bush fan this is an essential purchase: 4 CDs of rarities, single B-sides and extended mixes in one compilation. Compilation album, released initially as part of the Remastered box set, and subsequently as a stand-alone 4CD set on 8 March 2019. Read more For the devoted Bush fan this is an essential purchase: 4 CDs of rarities, single B-sides and extended mixes in one compilation. Also, although the cover is fairly sturdy and appealing the sleeves into which the discs slide tend to leave little marks on discs after many plays.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop