The Traitors

The Traitors

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Frankly, I loved the idea so much, I was willing to overlook the 2D characters and the unexplained stuff, but I just can't get over the ending. It was the last straw.

The Traitors)] [ By (author) Tom Becker ] [April, 2012 [(The Traitors)] [ By (author) Tom Becker ] [April, 2012

The Kanye song usage feels like a deep bad omen. He’s in a relationship with Alex from The Traitors This book is one of the most awesome Scholastic books that I have ever set my eyes upon. And I would have given it five stars max were it not for some ludicrous concepts and a far-fetched, illogical ending.The main character in this book is Adam and he is not a nice character because he betrayed his best friend and kissed his girlfriend. Thing was, there's a mole working for Mr. Pitt. Any plans to escape were always thwarted by the mole. Together with his fellow inmates, Adam had to find out who's the mole, and try to escape the Dial once and for all. Adam betrayed his friend and the agents from dial took him to dial for betraying his friends and made him a prisoner for 200 years. Life there is harsh and it is no wonder that Adam doesn't like it. He wants out, but the only way out is through a warp-hole. But Mr Pitt, the evil guard will stop at nothing to prevent anyone ever leaving. And he has a mole to help him, but who is it? For all the latest reality TV news, tweets, gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook. Related stories recommended by this writer:

The Traitors by Tom Becker: quippe — LiveJournal The Traitors by Tom Becker: quippe — LiveJournal

Jessica's character gives me chest pains! As the soppy person I am reading this book o thought there was going to be a love interest for Adam to gallantly save but there was just a traitor and a person who wasted his own time! It pains me to think that Adam may never get out after him being INNOCENT- or so we think! What if he did something massive!! Did we ever find out what Luca did to get into the Dial and Caiman got to get out after being a collaborator but ADAM didn't!!Another character is bookworm who is stays in the library for the whole time and reads books and he is Adam’s new friend too. Adam has betrayed his best friend and now he must face the consequences. His punishment is 274 years in the Dial, a prison in a no-time world, where teenage traitors are forced to atone for their crime. It's a terrible place, ruled over by a cruel... After sometimes when he wakes up he finds himself in an old 90s plane and found that he was being taken to the DIAL. I did feel it was a bit obvious about the identity of the bandage boy and who the traitor actually was but it didn't really detract from the story. Other things like echo did surprise me. It was a fast paced book that always had something happening and it kept you guessing what was coming next. Microsoft Office PowerPoint - Das Ideenbuch für kreative Präsentationen jetzt auch für PowerPoint 2007

The Traitors by Tom Becker - Books on Google Play

This novel held many different, unique and interesting characters. They were all well-captured and really held my interest throughout the book. There were a few stereotypical types but it worked within the story because it wasn’t a stereotypical story. It needed those characters we know to look for to help make it appear more realistic. After all, what’s a prison without a few characters who are continuously trying to escape? Or the one that manages to get everything for everyone? What wasn’t stereotypical, were the personalities attached to the stereotypes. Everyone had their own thoughts, their own way of moving and even when they were a mass of characters; it was good to have a feel for each individual in the room. It was the characters who bled the story, without them, it wouldn’t have been as exciting or interesting, and I have a feeling that these characters will be wholly identifiable to younger audiences as well. The straight-forward approach. In this book, there isn't any slow-paced story-telling - the approach is straight to the point and the author appeared to not have a liking in making long-winded, excruciatingly intricately detailed paragraphs that go on and on about a certain scenario that the reader gets all a. bored or b. muddled-up. So basically, the fast-paced action gets the story going in a more animated way. So you don't have to worry about falling asleep if slow, nostalgic atmospheres of story-telling (take for instance The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern) isn't your thing. When Adam stays with Jessica in the end, it seemed rather pointless. I know the Commandant told him that no-one should be left behind and all, but she should've just went with him. You have betrayed people but being left in no-time for presumably billions of years where getting food away from earth is quite hard, you would die sooner or later. However, I must confess I couldn't help liking Adam, the main character, despite his unrealistic naiveté and his tendency to carry out dangerous favours for people he barely knows with nothing to gain out of them (except perhaps moral satisfaction? [But what good is that if he's dead?!]).I also loved the idea of the Dial: that traitors, of any kind and degree, are shipped off to a prison (the Dial) located in "no-time", where they serve a sentence of a few hundred years to teach them a lesson in loyalty. "No-time" is a place in which several hundred years are only about a week or so by Earth measures, so the traitors aren't severely missed, but are still harshly punished. Adam goes out to the beach for a walk and a group of people, he tries to run but someone hit on his head and he becomes unconscious.

The Traitors, by Tom Becker | The StoryGraph The Traitors, by Tom Becker | The StoryGraph

Also, Adam's 'relationship' with Jessica seemed rather pointless for me. Maybe there was some deeper meaning behind it which I would've seen once I had re-read it or something but, to be honest, the majority of us don't re-read most books. Him staying with her really ruined the book for me. It felt that the author was trying to put in romance within the book. Tom said his skillset as a magician would get him far in the game, but his words might fall on deaf ears considering not one person he’s accused has actually been a traitor. Two young people are forced to make a stand in this thought-provoking look at racism and prejudice in an alternate society. Seemed like he wasn't the only traitor on planet Earth. The Dial was full of traitors, both young and old. With the evil warden Mr. Pitt who kept a close eye on the prisoners, it was virtually impossible to escape. Or was it really? Forgotten the title or the author of a book? Our BookSleuth is specially designed for you. Visit BookSleuthUproar occurred, and Tom spent much of the episode in the firing line. But who actually is Tom Elderfield, the magician causing carnage on The Traitors season one? Here’s all you need to know! How old is he and where’s he from?

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop