Inov-8 X-TALON 212, Men's Trail Running Shoes

Inov-8 X-TALON 212, Men's Trail Running Shoes

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Shop for the X-talon 225 for superb protection (and durability) on the rough stuff that retains a comfy, flexible fit. After buying our house near to Epping Forest and taking up trail running, I decided to invest in a new pair of trainers that would not only work for me as trail running and mud racing shoes, but also actually fit for once. Compared to other runners and trainers on the market these shoes cannot be beaten for their grip. Perfect for off-road. They fit perfectly and they look good. Alternatively, you can measure the length of your foot and add between 1 and 2cm to find the correct insole length. It is hard to be exact here, as sizing is so personal – but in hiking boots, running shoes or training shoes, we’d recommend having at least 1cm of extra space beyond the end of the longest toe to ensure comfort. Shoes UK Size

Expecting to have my feet ripped to shreds as with all new running shoes I hadn’t worn in, I set off in Epping Forest.There is no heel counter. There is no plastic and the heel is fully collapsible. However, a foam material and a suede-like overlay does provide some decent structure to the heel. The X-Talon 212 is one of Inov-8’s best-selling trail shoes in the world due to the shoe’s aggressive grip on wet terrain. Seeing as this is largely a running blog, what better place to start than with a review of a pair of running shoes? Please be aware, if you’re looking for a technical review of the last and design, you’ve come to the wrong place. I like to tell stories. The Inov-8 X-Talon 212 was originally intended as a cross country racing shoe with studs that were spaced out enough as to not clog with mud. It was flexible enough to mould to the ever changing shape of the ground you run on during a cross country run or race. The shoe was light, with a mesh upper that prevented water being absorbed, making you uncomfortable and weighing you down. The shoe had a fast and responsive feel and yet was shortly followed by the stripped down, even faster racing version–the X-Talon 190. I got these shoes to run a Spartan race and I was able to buy my normal size. They fit perfectly. These are lightweight and comfortable and they look good. Love, love, love these shoes.

If I could rate these shoes higher than five stars I would. They fit perfectly. I was able to overcome all terrain. They clean up well also. I highly recommend these shoes. I should retire them once and for all, but I still like to take them out for a spin in the dry, sandy wash that I run in once or twice a week. Not dead yet! We have meticulously studied the foot and its function during the gait cycle and also the interaction between the foot and the terrain. We have used this knowledge to develop our fitting scale. For technical footwear a good fit is essential to enhance your performance. I am training for my first Spartan race and I'm using these shoes. I love them. I think that putting an insert in these will help with longer wear and running. The X-Talon 212 wouldn’t be my shoe of choice for long races, but for 5 km or 10 km distances in specific terrain conditions, they are ideal. I’m glad to have another great inov-8 shoe in my arsenal.

Although the Ultra 260 v2 is branded as an ultramarathon shoe, for many people, it’s going to be more applicable as a 10k-to-marathon option. It’s weight – 260g – is, in fact, still at the lighter end of the scale. And while there’s a little more cushioning than normal, the overall feel is one of a shoe that’s still low to the ground and built for speed as well as endurance. Think of inov-8 and more often than not you think of the X-TALON. Since its inception, this iconic off-road running shoe has become a global success story. Run on soft ground trails in the UK, the USA or anywhere else in the world and you will no doubt see the distinctive stud pattern of the X-TALON, left behind by the runner ahead of you. There is no exposed stitching in the toe area, and the stitching on the heel has held up for all those special Ks. They are little warmer and more water repellent than most other shoes in my stable, and also don't let as much dirt and dust in. The upper comes in a tightly woven and dirt repellent mesh that – coupled with the reinforced toe-cover – protects the foot. Delivery timescales are based on working days; Public Holidays, Saturday's and Sunday's are NOT classed as working days.

Shop for the X-Talon 200 if you have broader feet and/or have obstacle course and other challenges in mind.They seem to be really well made, and use good materials. They're usually pretty muddy, but I'm sure they'd be like new if I cleaned them. Delivery timescales are esimates in working days; Public Holidays, Saturday's and Sunday's are NOT classed as working days. Please note, that a newer model has come out since mine, which I hear has improvements for the better - I have no idea how. The full specs for my model are on the link below;

As a conclusion, you’ve probably guessed that I’d recommend the Inov8 X-Talons as a trail running and obstacle racing shoe. You can’t go far wrong with these beauties. Still you might not want to listen to me, like my dad, I now shun warming up, trainers with any kind of pro-nation control or focusing on running fast. The lower the number on our scale, the narrower the fit, which ensures minimal internal movement of the foot when running fast on technical terrain. Shoes with the higher numbers on our scale will suit athletes with a wider foot and those wanting that extra comfort in the toe box. This wider toe box allows the toes to splay for increased stability when lifting heavy weights. It’s also perfect for longer runs and races when toes begin to swell. I think his best advice was ‘find a pair of trainers that fit you, run as much as you can and don’t try to run fast - you will improve if you just keep running’ which I scoffed at when I was young, but have come to live by. The 190 weighed just 190g and had a 3mm drop, bringing the foot closer to the ground for an even faster feel, while offering underfoot comfort courtesy of an injected EVA midsole.If you already have a hiking boot, running shoe, or training shoe that fits you well, you could measure the length of the shoe’s insole and match this with the size guide. Overall I love these shoes but I do have a few complaints. They don't dry very well as the water stays at the bottom of the shoe when wet. They don't have a lot of arch support and they can be a bit narrow so buy a larger shoe size if you don't have narrow feet.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop