Rum-Bar by Worthy Park Silver Overproof - 70cl

Rum-Bar by Worthy Park Silver Overproof - 70cl

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

It is along with Wray and Nephew and Rum Bar Overproof a great Jamaican Overproof. I find it difficult to split the three as they all deliver a similar experience. Just avoid the Monymusk White Overproof as that is awful. I read recently somewhere that the two bottlings will be alligned with the “Velvet” part being removed. I have not seen any evidence of these bottlings in Europe as yet. Christelle Harris Director of Sales and Marketing at Hampden Estate, has frequently been asked if there is a difference in the liquid between the European and US releases. She has said on numerous occasions that they are the same juice. Others still disagree. I’ve not tried the both of them side by side. So I have no idea if the US version is, as many say a higher ester version. Let’s move away from that discussion as I cannot prove anything either way! Nor am I particularly bothered as I do not have any access to the US bottling so I might never know. You’ll find the Worthy Park Estate deep in the heart of Lluidas Vale, surrounded by mountain ranges and lush and fertile terrain. It is located in the central parish of St. Catherine and is known for its traditional, authentic Jamaican rum. After drinking this rum straight I was prepared to give it a 3 as it was muted, hot, and frankly unpleasant. With water the complexity exploded into a multitude of delightful notes to the extent that I will rate it a solid 7.5. It’s clear to me that this rum simply needs to be diluted down to around 50% to allow it to truly shine…and shine it will. This is probably the perfect example of what Scott was referring to in his video about adding water to high Abv spirits to open up the flavors because man oh man is that evident here.

For example, 151 Proof rum would be 75.5% ABV . We have a few rums on this list that match and even go beyond that percentage. The “sweet” does not come from added sugar as sugar addition is not permitted according to the Jamaican Rum Standard. Sunset has won multiple awards for this overproof rum including World’s Best Overproof Rum at the World Rum Awards, London 2016. What can you mix Sunset rum with? As mixers these White Jamaican Overproof’s really offer a lot to someone who appreciates the depth of flavour these rums offer in mixed drinks. I’m talking about people like me, who despite having a fondness for a Rum and Coke – they still want the Rum and Coke to taste primarily of Rum. Not just find it fading away in the mix.Which may make some of you think that this White Overproof may be refined and slightly lighter on flavour/funk. I’ve deliberately delayed reviewing this rum as I have been comparing and contrasting it to Wray and Nephew but also a Clairin from Haiti. The team at The Liquor Club have put together this list of five overproof rums for you to try. Some you may have heard of, some you may not know. Often when you mention overproof rum Wray & Nephew comes to mind for many, however there are a lot more overproof rum brands than you think. They also have some great drinks which you might want to try. Some of the highest strength rums in the UK

Ensure you dilute this Rum before you drink it. In St Vincent it is enjoyed with ice cold water with lime. Also a great option for any rum punch! You can mix it with pineapple juice or if you prefer fizzy mixers, lemonade is our recommendation.

The process is repeated in the high-wine retort, heating the alcoholic vapors, separating them from remaining water, flowing into the condenser at 85-87% abv. Condenser Sipped at full proof, this is a lot punchier and a lot more flavourful than the nose suggested. Much more funky and very, very boozy. The initial sip is quite sweet/sour with a very grassy note to it. The mid palate really just floats into a full on assault of booze and a what I can best describe as Diesel fumes and a lungful of freshly laid Tar. Which was nice.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop