Disintegration

Disintegration

RRP: £5
Price: £2.5
£2.5 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

It was weird with Disintegration. We actually had more stuff than we did for the Kiss Me double-album. We could quite easily have done a triple-album. But it could have become almost unlistenable, really. Some of the stuff we didn’t put on the album was very ‘noisy,’ just like slabs of noise. It wouldn’t be the first time that a record label had woefully misjudged the potential of one of their signings. The press had no such misgivings. The band's early music videos have been described as "dreadful affairs" and have been maligned for their poor quality, particularly by the band itself. Tolhurst said, "Those videos were unmitigated disasters; we weren't actors and our personalities weren't coming across." [158] The video for "Let's Go to Bed" was their first collaboration with Tim Pope. The director added a playful element to the band's videos; the director insisted in a 1987 Spin interview, "I think that side of them was always there, but was never brought out." [27] Despite such conflict, O’Donnell recalls much “laughter, joking and fooling around” during the recording of Disintegration . “It was never a serious atmosphere in the studio, and when you think about the album and how dark it is, I’m sure people think we were sitting around slitting our wrists.” Read our interview with Thomas Dolby Read our interview with Deacon Blue Smith’s depression and return to hallucinogenic drug use at the time led to an intentionally unpleasant environment in the studio where input from other members was generally not offered or welcome. The studio itself was a morbid scene, also contributing to the somber mood of the album. For example, a newspaper article about two New Zealand teenagers who had recently committed suicide while listening to the band’s music was kept in the studio as a “tragic, but… grimly funny” conversation piece, and a fire in one of the studio bedrooms nearly destroyed the only copies of Smith’s lyrics. Despite the studio’s vibe of doom and Smith’s isolation, other band members did not take the sessions' somber climate too seriously. In fact, keyboardist Roger O'Donnell remembers everyone being “very happy and jokey, lots of laughing and fooling around”.

Making The Cure: Disintegration - Classic Pop Magazine Making The Cure: Disintegration - Classic Pop Magazine

Será Guadalajara sede de la entrega de Premios MTV Latinoamérica 2008" (in Spanish). La Crónica Diaria . Retrieved 15 October 2015.The Brit Awards are the British Phonographic Industry's (BPI) annual pop music awards. [191] The Cure has received two awards from five nominations. Disintegration is the album The Cure will be remembered for, it's career defining and one of the decade defining albums. It's the perfect album to listen to on a cold dark winter night, where the only thing that's audible is this album and the rain tapping against your window. The atmosphere it creates is honestly like no other, it's The Cure returning to their gothic and moody roots, but with their Pop sensibilities still in tact. The thing that sets this apart from the other great Cure albums is it manages to create an atmosphere while having a collection of catchy, relatable and likeable songs. But the brilliance definitely lies in its atmosphere, it has a dark, brooding atmosphere that's pretty unmatched. A lot of albums are dark and atmospheric, but this definitely has that something different about it that sets it apart from most other albums. The album's quite long, but no other length would suffice, for The Cure to really be able to get this right - it had to be the right length, and they certainly had the talent to execute it perfectly. When the tour ended in October 1989, Smith announced he wanted nothing more to do with recording, promoting and touring for an album. “It’s reached a stage where I personally can’t cope with it,” he said, “so I’ve decided this is the last time we’re gonna tour.”

The Cure Lyrics, Songs, and Albums | Genius The Cure Lyrics, Songs, and Albums | Genius

a b Sacher, Andrew (9 June 2021). "CHVRCHES and blink-182's Mark Hoppus discuss their Robert Smith collaborations". BrooklynVegan . Retrieved 26 September 2023. In June 2018, the Cure headlined the 25th annual Meltdown Festival in London. [126] Smith also selected the festival's lineup, which included several of his personal favourite artists, including Nine Inch Nails, My Bloody Valentine, Deftones, Placebo, Manic Street Preachers, and Kristin Hersh, among others. [127] On 7 July 2018, Cure performed a 40th anniversary concert at Hyde Park as part of the British Summer Time concert series. [128] For Record Store Day 2018, the Cure released a remastered, deluxe edition of Mixed Up, along with a sequel titled Torn Down featuring 16 new remixes all created by Robert Smith. [129] Moores, J. R. (2 April 2018). "When good TV goes bad: the time MTV Unplugged went nu-metal". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077 . Retrieved 26 September 2023. Paytress, Mark (2003). Siouxsie & the Banshees: The Authorised Biography. Sanctuary Publishing. p.96.The song opens with a real swagger. Unlike the sparse lyrical delivery of other songs on the album, here Smith delivers a relatively wordy succession of lines that are more direct, dealing head-on with defiance and emotional despair. “I miss the kiss of treachery/ The aching kiss before I feed/ The stench of a love for a younger meat/ And the sound that it makes when it cuts in deep.”

The Cure - Disintegration | Releases | Discogs

The tour virtually destroyed The Cure. At its conclusion, Gallup left the band, Smith went to work with Siouxsie And The Banshees and the two men did not speak to each other for the next 18 months. Music News – The Latest Music News and Gossip from Yahoo! Music UK & Ireland". Yahoo!. 6 December 2006. Archived from the original on 12 February 2008 . Retrieved 26 June 2013.Lovesong” was the second UK and third US single from Disintegration, The Cure’s eighth studio album, and is the band’s highest charting single in the United States, reaching #2 in late 1989.

The Cure - Rate Your Music The Cure - Rate Your Music

Smith’s vocals come in at just over three minutes, stripped bare with honesty and what seems like tired emotional resignation. It’s a beautiful delivery, almost atonal at times, which only heightens the intent of the lyrics: “Cling to me so just one more/ Just one more go/ Inspire in me the desire in me to never go home.” Sound-wise, Disintegration was far removed from the quirky, skewed pop that the band had released from 1982 to 1988. This album was a vast, sprawling epic of near-relentless melancholy, notable for its deeply textured slabs of synth-drenched introspection. This album was recorded live in a candlelit room & mixed very loud in the dark... We know you should turn down the lights & turn up the sounds for your optimum listening pleasure... Stuart Braithwaite: 'You need strong ankles to go see the Cure' | News & Features - The List". list.co.uk . Retrieved 26 September 2023. As soon and he escapes the inappropriate relationship, he feels a void in his life and repeats the cycle again.a b "Por qué The Cure rompió su promesa y vuelve después de 26 años". Rolling Stone Argentina (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 13 April 2013 . Retrieved 9 May 2022.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop