Salomon Men's Outbound Prism GTX Shoes

Salomon Men's Outbound Prism GTX Shoes

RRP: £79.00
Price: £39.5
£39.5 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Hi! I'm Sofie, and on this blog, I share travel inspiration and planning information so that you can go on a worry-free trip. While I love the Salomon hiking shoes I have, they're big boots and a little too warm for summer hikes, so when Salomon asked if I wanted to try the lighter Salomon Outline GTX shoes, I didn't say no. The model looks and fits like a sneaker more than a hiking shoe but does it also hold up on rough terrain? On the outside, the upper is comprised of anti-debris mesh (keeps debris from sneaking inside), synthetic material (sustains durability and protection from outdoor activities), and the GORE-TEX membrane (found in the waterproof version).

Salomon OUTBOUND PRISM GTX - Hiking shoes - black - Zalando UK Salomon OUTBOUND PRISM GTX - Hiking shoes - black - Zalando UK

However, I didn't experience any issues with this. Now, I don't have the sweatiest feet around but they definitely sweat on warmer days and these shoes definitely kept my feet drier than a regular sneaker, for example.

Road Runner-Like Cushion for High Mileage

Sweaty feet stay cool in Salomon OUTline Prism GTX shoes (Image credit: Jessie Leong) Waterproofing These Salomon sneakers are also stitch-free, light, and slim fit, giving it a snug-like feel that complements its overall aesthetics. A final decision between the X Ultra 3 and 4 will likely come down to preferences on weight and fit. The newer version shaves off around 2 ounces per pair but sacrifices some cushioning and comfort. As we mentioned above, the 4’s collar also sits fairly low and is more prone to letting in trail debris and water, and it’s slightly wider than the prior generation (although both are still on the narrow side of average). And a final—albeit entirely subjective—difference is styling: While the X Ultra 3 has been around a while, the 4 has a decidedly modern look and feel. But there’s a reason we've kept the X Ultra 3 at the top of our hiking boot round-up: It still holds its own in the market... Read in-depth review Hagyd, hogy a Salomon OUTBOUND PRISM GTX cipő inspiráljon, és új helyekre vezessen! Ez a sokoldalú outdoor cipő könnyedén alkalmazkodik, függetlenül attól, hogy a városban vagy a hegyekben viseled. Puha és légáteresztő hálós anyagból készült, amit vízálló GORE-TEX membránnal láttak el, és modern megjelenéssel diszponál. Vágj neki a kalandnak! Salomon went classic with regular flat laces on the Outline GTX. This type of laces reduces discomfort for the instep, guaranteeing a comfortable fit. They're also durable and easy to tie.

Salomon OUTline Prism GTX approach shoes review | Advnture

The Outline GTX comes in two versions: The Salomon Outline Low GTX hiking shoes that I have (both available in waterproof and non-waterproof) and a mid-high version (waterproof only). Lacing is as important as any other performance factor. If your laces are hard to tie or keep getting loose, they can be a real pain. Waterproof tops water resistance and water repellency. However, just like bulletproof vests cannot protect against certain types of bullets, the GORE-TEX outline is unable to keep water from seeping through in certain conditions. One of the first days I wore the shoes on our trip, it was pouring rain and, unfortunately, my feet didn't stay entirely dry. These Salomon trainers are equipped with a High Traction Contagrip outsole. In case you're not familiar with the design, it leverages three factors to ensure the best grip possible: Density, Compound, and Geometry.a Contagrip® MA cipőtalpat különféle felületekre tervezték, megfelelő talpmintázata és összetétele nedves, száraz, puha és lágy talajra is alkalmas, és hosszú élettartamot garantál a talpbetét újrahasznosított felülete kávézaccból készült, mely az innovatív S.Café® technológián alapszik, kiválóan elvezeti a nedvességet és semlegesíti a szagokat Materials: Synthetic textile upper with Gore-Tex lining; OrthoLite insole; Contagrip MA rubber outsole Contagrip® MA: Contagrip® MA is built for the widest variety of surfaces. It balances both the geometry and the rubber compound to deliver confidence on wet, dry, hard or loose surfaces, and offer long-term durability.

Salomon Outline GTX review: testing hiking sneakers Salomon Outline GTX review: testing hiking sneakers

Everyday wear: With dual tones and a modern silhouette, this shoe is easy to wear every day, whatever you’re doing - from a hike in the country to a museum visit. H2O Audio TRI PRO Multi-Sport Headphones with Playlist+ review: take your tunes underwater and on dry land puha, légáteresztő anyagok és előformázott cipőnyelv, mely jól illeszkedik a lábhoz az egész napos kényelem érdekében The Outline GTX is constructed with an Ortholite insole and an EVA midsole. The insole is known for its long-term cushioning, high-level breathability, and moisture-management qualities. It's also washable and lightweight.The OUTline Prism GTX is available in a Gore-Texand non Gore-Tex versions. Having it as a low-cut profile allows the shoe to be accessible as a running shoe and reduces weight and bulk. The Gore-Texmembrane kept my feet dry, even while running through saturated bogs and remote fells in the Peak District. It’s perhaps no surprise that the Pale Almond color was soon rendered more Bog Brown by the end of its first outing, but discoloration aside, they didn’t let any moisture in, which made them ideal for exploring in wet conditions. Anti-debris Mesh: Tight mesh that prevents debris from being trapped between your foot and the footbed. All-day comfort: We’ve chosen soft, breathable fabrics and added a pre-shaped tongue that hugs your foot to keep you comfortable all day long. Features That said, neither brand is as much of an innovator as Salomon, and the sheer number of available styles and designs are limited by comparison. Oboz is another big name in the market, although we’ve found that many of their boots have more of a traditional look and feel than Salomon’s more modern designs. A few final (albeit more specialized) brands to have on your radar are LOWA, La Sportiva, and Vasque, but again, their collections aren’t as well rounded or wide-ranging. For a more detailed breakdown of the market, see our article on the best hiking footwear brands. If you're looking for a lightweight, sturdy walking shoe with lots of grip that still looks nice enough to wear around town, I can recommend the Salomon Outline GTX.

Salomon Hiking Shoe Reviews (2023) | RunRepeat 5 Salomon Hiking Shoe Reviews (2023) | RunRepeat

PFC free: To help reduce our impact on the environment, no harmful PFC (Perfluorocarbons) are used to ensure the water repellency of our shoes. Our waterproof GORE-TEX models are free from PFCec (Perfluorocarbons of environmental concern) but may contain some PFC. The lightest shoe in Salomon’s hiking lineup is the 1-pound-4.8-ounce Outbound Prism GTX, and it also happens to be the most everyday-friendly too. With a more streamlined and minimalist look and design than most of the models above, the Outbound combines soft, breathable fabrics and a pre-shaped tongue for comfort with Salomon’s All Terrain Contagrip outsole for off-pavement traction and a Gore-Tex membrane for sealing out moisture. All told, it's a really stylish and modern-looking shoe with enough of a technical slant for light day hiking. In addition, the outsole of these Salomon trekking shoes is a mixture of multiple ingredients. The recipe provides the necessary compounds for diverse surfaces.What we don’t: Design is a little dated; we'd opt for the Quest for more technical terrain or heavy loads. Water Repellent: A special treatment is applied to provide extra protection, ensuring that the fabric does not absorb water during light rain and showers.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop