The Adventures of Amina Al-Sirafi: The epic first book in a swashbuckling new fantasy series from the bestselling author of THE CITY OF BRASS (Amina al-Sirafi, 1)

£8.495
FREE Shipping

The Adventures of Amina Al-Sirafi: The epic first book in a swashbuckling new fantasy series from the bestselling author of THE CITY OF BRASS (Amina al-Sirafi, 1)

RRP: £16.99
Price: £8.495
£8.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

But then, an extremely wealthy mother of a former crewman finds out about Amina’s location, and she decides to visit her and offers her a job she cannot refuse. Finally, I would be remiss not to mention Chakraborty’s commitment to portraying the diversity of what we consider the not-so-modern world, while still finding a way to include current conversations on sexuality and gender identity. Despite the fact that she often drinks alcohol and misses prayer, he feels that "Amina's religiosity feels intimate and lived-in". And due to the main character being a pirate, I expected this book would be full of sea adventure portions like The Tide Child trilogy by R. Amina is a great character- she is brash and irreverent, but also a mother doing her best to keep her daughter safe and coming to terms with how that new piece of her identity has changed her priorities.

For this scribe has read a great many of these accounts and taken away another lesson : that to be a woman is to have your story misremembered. For this scribe has read a great many of these accounts and taken away another lesson: that to be a woman is to have your story misremembered. For all ebook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing HarperCollins username and password. Amina al-Sirafi, while not at the height of her previous powers (due to the whole “retirement” thing), is still a force to be reckoned with, and the crew she assembles are each memorable as well as unique.Although I enjoyed reading this book, that and one other issue are why I cannot give this book a higher rating than 3. Overall, The Adventures of Amina Al-Sirafi is another excellent addition from an excellent author, and I hope some movie studio somewhere is smart enough to option the rights and actually make a film out of it, because I would love to see the spectacles within brought to life via more than just my imagination. As a mom myself, I know how hard it is, to leave your kid behind to do something that will benefit their lives.

Although I am not Muslim, as a citizen here, seeing daily words here like fajr (fajar in Indonesian means dawn), raja (king in Indonesian), nikah (marriage in Indonesian), Iblis (devil in Indonesian), peri (fairy in Indonesian), and Quran, Inshallah, Masjid, was a refreshing reading experience. There is an island, and there is even a possible reference to Treasure Island, although, really, it may just be me projecting, and islands and treasure are merely standard tropes for the genre. Enter Salima, a wealthy Adeni woman who offers Amina money beyond her wildest dreams to track down her missing granddaughter, Dunya. com notes that the ending is "maybe a little too wacky", but praised the characterization of Amina and her crew. I can't remember the last time a book made me laugh so much and I was completely invested in the story from the first page.

He also praised the "adroit commentary on class conflict, piety, warfare and gender politics, particularly how these things are perpetuated through myth and storytelling". But when she’s offered a job no bandit could refuse, she jumps at the chance for one final adventure with her old crew that will make her a legend and offers a fortune that will secure her and her family’s future forever. I was first introduced to Shannon's work through The City of Brass series, for which I am due a reread.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop