A Litter of Bones: A Scottish Crime Thriller (DCI Logan Crime Thrillers Book 1)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Logan's dry humor/sarcasm. I enjoyed his sense of humour (if you can call it that). To me, it seemed like it added a reprieve from the whole dark situation with the missing boy. The rest of the characters had no personality either. Same thing that happened with Logan, happened with the rest of the characters. If you want character development, you won't find it here. They were like those cardboard cutouts. Flat.

Review: A Litter Of Bones by JD Kirk — Fee Reads Review: A Litter Of Bones by JD Kirk — Fee Reads

This was very good. The protagonist is immediately likable and interesting, but at the same time a no-nonsense cop. The story developed at a good pace and the ending was not terribly predictable, although I did feel it was a little rushed. Like they went from clueless to A-ha! in 30 seconds and then everything just tumbled together in a hurry.Now, he spends his days working in Glasgow’s Major Investigations Team, and his nights reliving the horrors of what he saw. The twists in the story were well placed and had me gasping when the final reveal was revealed. Everything boggled my mind. It was fabulous. I loved the first book in the Logan series and you bet, this is going to be one of the best I have read. The Scottish Highland setting. I love everything that has to do with Scotland and especially the Highlands. I find it incredibly atmospheric and when you know the rich history of the place it adds an extra feel of appreciation for me. Su J.D.Kirk jau buvau pažįstama iš knygų apie Bobį Huną, tad pasirodžius naujai serijai neatsispyriau pagundai ją perskaityti. Nemeluosiu, pradėjusi skaityti knygą detektyvą insperktorių Loganą lyginau su Hunu 🤭 Tad pasakiau sau STOP, tai nauja serija, nauji personažai, neieškok panašumų ar skirtumų, bet buvo sunkoka, nes Hunas paliko didelį įspūdį, o Loganas tikrai pretenduoja tapti nauju, mano mėgstamiausiu, žodžio kišenėje neieškančiu detektyvu 🤭

A Litter of Bones Image Gallery - JD Kirk A Litter of Bones Image Gallery - JD Kirk

There were no repercussions for his actions. For everything that I mentioned before, there were zero consequences. Nothing, nada. That irked me. Really, truly irked me. But no one even batted an eyelash. I don't find that believable at all. If those things happened in real life, I'm sure something would be done about it. Now, when I read fiction I can stretch my imagination very very far. But when the book is a police procedural, I like more of the real world and how things are really done to seep in the novel. There was NO sex, gratuitous or otherwise and this I greatly appreciate. It's rarely important to the plot anyway, So refreshing not to have the male detective trying to get with the female detective or vice versa. Instead, they focused on solving the actual crime. Amazing. Of course we're talking audio here and so Kirk needed to find himself a good narrator. Job done I'd say. I don't think Angus King is quite as silky on the ear as say a David Monteath but with these characters he gives a very convincing performance. Crucially he seems at his best with Logan himself who he delivers extremely convincingly and with suitable menace. Kaulų upė" lengvo siužeto, bet labai įtraukiantis detektyvas. Smalsu sužinoti, kur toliau Loganą nuves likimas, nes tikrai skaitysiu ir sekančias serijos knygas. J.D.Kirk kūryba tikrai pasižymi savitu rašymo stiliumi ir begali kietais pagrindiniais knygos herojais ❤️ Trumpai apie siužetą, tai dingus berniukui detektyvas Loganas išsiunčiamas tirti pagribimo bylą, nes berniuko dingimo aplinkybės labai panašios į prieš 20 metų pagrobtų ir nužudytų berniukų atvejį. Ar atsirado pamėgdžiotojas, ar Loganas sučiupo ir nuteisė nekaltą žmogų?I can't resist comparing this with another Scottish police procedural I read a couple of years ago with a main character named Logan (although in that case it's a first rather than a last name) and featuring child abductions, Cold Granite. As I made clear in my review, https://www.goodreads.com/review/show..., that author seems to really dislike women. By contrast, this book features two strong female members of Logan's team, and he makes his respect for them clear. Such a refreshing change. I didn't find it to be any more gratuitously violent than any normal police drama on TV, (E.G. Bones. There is some SUPER gross stuff on Bones and this book doesn't even come close to that level) Murder generally produces a corpse. So you can pretty much bet on there being at least one dead body in a murder mystery. If that's a problem, maybe this isn't your genre.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop