How to Be a Boy: and Do It Your Own Way

How to Be a Boy: and Do It Your Own Way

RRP: £9.99
Price: £4.995
£4.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Years later, I don’t remember his name, but I vividly remember that moment. The yellow hue of the bridge lights, the look of anguish and pain on his face. It has changed my perspective on how we deal with men’s mental health, and on the power of simply talking. All he needed in that moment was someone to listen and give him a helping hand, a bit of kindness. I called the emergency services as we were walking, and the police soon arrived to take over. It was a strange feeling leaving him with them, having shared a moment that was so vulnerable and raw, but it was the right thing to do. This new book ‘How to Be a Boy and Do It Your Own Way’ for ages 9+ is an informative, inclusive and empowering guide to help readers discover the boy that they are, as well as the boy that they want to be. Written with Dr Ranj’s usual warm and friendly style, it navigates several important topics including gender stereotypes, peer pressure and bullying, as well as mental health and body image. The book seeks to help young readers become their best selves. We asked Dr Ranj some questions about the book…

How to Be a Boy by Ranj Singh | Hachette UK

The emotional impact of what happened hit me when I was in the safety of my flat. When I got home, I broke down and cried. It made me confront the harsh reality that suicide is the biggest killer of young men, and how important it is to listen and offer kindness to those struggling with mental health issues.In a world that is ever-changing and adapting, growing up can be a troublesome task. ‘Being a boy’ can mean something different to everybody. Amongst the many different messages put out into the world today that can seem confusing to young people, Dr Ranj champions individuality and self-love, embracing these differences that make us all who we are. I found myself facing a young man who was on the brink of taking his own life. As a doctor, I’m used to speaking to people who are going through traumatic situations. But I’m used to that happening inside an A&E department, with support systems, equipment, and a set of protocols. In that moment, my medical skills were irrelevant. It was just me. All I had was compassion and conversation. I was terrified. Are you OK?” I asked. I gripped his arm, hoping that my firm grip could keep him safe. I started talking to him, asking how he had got there and what I could do to help. If I could maintain a gentle conversation, then hopefully I could distract him from his thoughts and buy enough time to persuade him not to jump.

How to Be a Boy and Do It Your Own Way - Midas How to Be a Boy and Do It Your Own Way - Midas

activities, music and theatre for children, parties, competitions, days out, and family attractions Managing relationships, from parents and siblings to friends and crushes, and how to cope with bullyingThe nation’s favourite doctor, Dr Ranj, is here to explain everything you ever wanted to know about puberty – plus lots more. The nation's favourite doctor, Dr Ranj, is here to explain everything you ever wanted to know about puberty - plus lots more. Explore these questions and many more in this empowering and inclusive guide to masculinity for readers aged 10+ by the nation's favourite doctor, Dr Ranj. I recognise the profound impact that mental health has on my own life. I’ve been there and felt it. I was a child who at one very dark point felt suicidal because he was desperately seeking someone to speak to. I’ve had family members who have experienced severe depression, to the point of being sectioned. And as an adult, I’ve had my own struggles with stress, anxiety and burnout. I may bear the scars, but I also have the skills and insight to know what to do and how to deal with it. How to Be a Boy and Do It Your Own Way is an empowering and inclusive guide, helping readers discover the type of boy they want to be – with confidence, positivity and kindness. In a world where everyone seems to have an opinion about what it means to be a man, Dr Ranj will help readers navigate these confusing messages and reassure them that there isn’t one way to be a boy; what’s important is to be true to yourself, and kind to others.

Feel Amazing!: The No-Worries Guide for How to Grow Up and Feel Amazing!: The No-Worries Guide for

Whether it's thinking about hobbies or standing up to your mates, Dr Ranj is here to encourage boys to grow up happy with confidence, positivity and kindness.

Join our email club...

Alongside Dr Ranj’s insight as an NHS paediatrician, the book includes contributions from a wide range of voices and experts: actor, director, screenwriter and transgender rights activist Jake Graf on his experience as a trans man; award-winning mental health campaigner, producer and writer Jonny Benjamin on mental health; cook, stylist and DJ Gok Wan on loving your body; presenter and broadcaster Gethin Jones on leadership; TV personality, producer and fashion curator Ryan Lanji on being a queer man of colour–and many more, including Phyllis Akua Opoku-Gyimah, Suki Sandhu, Charlie Christensen, Michael Gunning, Emma Morris, Alexis Caught and Jordan Wylie. Filled with easy-to-understand explanations, down-to-earth advice and cheeky illustrations, this growing-up guide by trusted paediatrician Dr Ranj is perfect for readers aged 10+ who want to discover the confidence to be the very best version of themselves. Looking after your body, from shaving, good hygiene and healthy eating to body confidence and exercise Two, three, cha-cha-cha. Two, three, cha-cha-cha. I was several weeks into my rehearsal schedule for Strictly Come Dancing. Every spare moment became an opportunity to practise the timing of my steps, and I was fully immersed in the world of sequins and salsa. It covers the obvious things like the physical changes you'll go through during puberty and adolescence (hello, pubic hair and voice breaking!), but also helps you to figure out how to manage your emotions, deal with friends and family and learn about healthy relationships.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop