A Keeper: The Sunday Times Bestseller

A Keeper: The Sunday Times Bestseller

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Final de ilginçti böyle bir son düşünmemiştim aslında yazarın başarısı da bu ; okuyucuya fırsat vermiyor ne olabileceği hakkında düşünmesine. Compelling, well-written with a great eye for human foibles it is undoubtedly highly readable but for me lacked substance and there isn’t much more to the novel than what becomes pretty obvious early on. The story is tight, the writing is sensitive, the plot is gripping - this book has all the elements of a great read. I wasn't bored for one minute, I thought the story unfolded very well , with new snippets of information added all the time. I'm not completely certain that I didn't miss something there, but I don't really feel like I can be bothered going back to re-read and find out).

I've not yet read Norton's first novel but it got good reviews, so when I was given the chance to read this as an ARC, I went for it. if you like real life drama with a hint of dark humour and some brilliant characters please pick this up and share with me. While staying at her mother's home, Elizabeth is informed there's a codicil to her mother's will and also finds letters from her father that he wrote to her mother almost 40 years ago. For me it wasn't quite up to the mark of Holding which I loved but this nevertheless was read very quickly.I enjoyed both eras of this story, journeying along with Elizabeth while she balanced uncovering her family history with a family drama in the present. I really wanted to like this, and I'm not saying it's a bad book, but I was hoping for so much more than "eh, it's okay" from it. I just think that there were too many things happening and that Norton didn't make sure that both POVs worked well.

i loved this book it had me in from the first page it moved at a quick pace a heartbreaking story that will play with your emotions as it did mine. Her mother passed away and it is now up to Elizabeth to sort through her things and close up the house. The book goes back and forward in time telling the story from both Elizabeth in present day and her mother Patricia in the past.There is always a soft and homely humour in the background of his books, and his traditional characters shine through with personality. Elizabeth thinks she knows her mother inside out, but her confidence in this takes a huge knock when she discovers a pile of ribbon wrapped letters in the back of Patricia's wardrobe. She receives a reply from one Edward Foley of Castle House, and what unfolds reminded me often of Stephen King’s ‘Misery’ - without the gore. Graham Norton has fast become my go-to author when I’m in need of a guaranteed good read or a reading reset.

When it comes to relationships, there is not much in the way of cheering fare, with disappointment, intrigue, darkness, and stoicism from two different eras. Then”: 32-year-old “spinster,” Patricia Keane, having cared for her ailing mother for 14 years, places a “Lonely Heart” ad seeking male companionship after her mother finally dies. The attitudes and interactions are steeped in the predjucises of the culture and yet it is such a human tale that it could be set anywhere. A Keeper does not have the humour of his first story, but it does give a clear picture of rural Irish life contrasted with the heroine’s present life in New York.Elizabeth is left reeling as she delves in her mother's life, her unsettling romance with her father, Edward Foley, a farmer living in a remote area by the sea.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop