Glorious PC Gaming Race USB Model D Gaming-Maus - White, matt,GD-WHITE

Glorious PC Gaming Race USB Model D Gaming-Maus - White, matt,GD-WHITE

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Something that I immediately noticed when I first received this mouse is that Glorious have definitely been listening to their customers. This is evident when you open up the box: gone is the smaller box where they crammed the cable underneath the mouse at an odd angle (something that led to cable malfunctions for some people, though I didn’t have that issue on my copies) and in comes a larger box that has way more room for the cable.

Glorious PC Gaming Race Model D- Gaming-Maus - schwarz, matt

The Model D is Glorious’ first ergonomic mouse, and people who know their stuff will notice that it looks very similar to something like a Zowie EC. As a reviewer I try to stay away from making too many comparisons to other mice because I prefer to let products speak for themselves but I obviously cannot ignore the fact that this is basically a clone of the EC. I’m not taking a position in this whole ‘are copied shapes a good thing or not’ debate, I’m just mentioning it in case you want to try out this particular shape. Glorious is a peripherals company that has had a meteoric rise over the past couple of years. Their first couple of releases were received in a rather ‘cold’ manner but when they announced the Model Omouse they almost immediately gathered an enormous following in the enthusiast scene. Despite some hiccups here and there (that’s really something that’s almost inevitable when you produce peripherals) they have now firmly solidified themselves as a company that produces high tier peripherals, complete with the latest innovations and trends. As I said earlier on the Model D also comes with two additional mouse feet that fit in between the existing feet on either end of the mouse, creating a larger ‘skate surface’. I applied these extra feet on one of my review copies and left it off on another and I think I prefer the mouse with those extra feet on though the difference is honestly pretty marginal and it might even be the placebo effect talking. It’s important to note that the additional skates are of the same high quality as the ones that are already on there, so you don’t have to worry about them being some kind of afterthought if you decide to try them out, though I would’ve honestly preferred to see a bunch of replacement main feet instead of what we got now. Glorious Model D Review – Conclusion Note: I did not get a glossy Model D to test so I cannot give any definite statements on that version, though the only difference between the two coatings is that the glossy mice weigh one gram more and cost 10 dollars more at MSRP. Except for a software issue we’re hoping will be fixed imminently, the Model D continues Glorious’ fine run of form in delivering lightweight, supremely usable FPS-focused mice.There are three RGB zones on the Model D-: along each side and on the scroll wheel. Are all customizable via Glorious’ own software (more on that later). These RGB zones are pin-sharp. When I first plugged in the mouse, a rainbow effect took over by default. It was genuinely impressive how many individual regions there were along those bands of RGB. Another thing that I noticed is that the Model D Wirelessfeels really solid. This hasn’t always been the case with Glorious’ mice (though I have to say that I’ve never reviewed a unit that was downright faulty in the QC department) so it’s good to see that there’s almost no flexing to be found here. More on that later on in the review though.

Glorious Software - Glorious Gaming Glorious Software - Glorious Gaming

The ergonomic design feels nice in the hand and shows what a difference the combination of a lightweight build and great quality PTFE feet can make. As a claw-grip gamer with smaller hands and an enduring love for the IntelliMouse profile, my personal preference still lies with the Model O Minus and the Model O’s shape, but those used to something more substantial underhand will get on famously with the Model D.All in all this D looks really nice if you ask me. Something about the way the RGB lights up parts of the inside of the mouse just looks interesting to me, and while I am aware of the fact that some people strongly dislike the inclusion of the Glorious beard-man I can definitely say that this mouse is an eye-catcher. Not that this matters for performance, but I thought I’d mention it. Its a really good mouse, great sensor, light, feels great in hand, only thing id worry about is build quality, obvs because its perforated, it would probably break after having a heavy textbook dropped on it. But if you don't really put your mouse in those type of situations then you're good.

Model D Minus: Small Ergonomic Gaming Mouse - Glorious Gaming Model D Minus: Small Ergonomic Gaming Mouse - Glorious Gaming

The Model D is based on one of the most famous mouse shapes of all time: the EC. As such, this mouse probably won’t bring many surprises for people who are familiar with the mouse market. It’s a very naturally flowing ergonomic design with no sudden indentations or curves so if you’re looking for a medium-large ergonomic mouse with a central hump this might be it for you. Those of you who are deep into the gaming mouse scene can probably skip this part since you already know how an EC shape performs, but for those who are unaware this is a rather safe shape that should work for the vast majority of grip types (if the mouse suits your hand size) except for maybe fingertip grip. Less visually appealing is the branding on the Model D-. The snooty reputation of the so-called Glorious PC Gaming Race is embodied through a picture of its mascot where your thumb goes, as well as on the mouse’s underside. There’s also a more forgivable and smaller “Glorious” stamp on the right side. The unique feature of the Glorious Model D Gaming Mouse lies in the honeycomb pattern adorning the top and bottom of the mouse. Thanks to the multitude of cut-outs, the total weight of the mouse has undergone a marked reduction. The honeycomb pattern lends the mouse a unique appearance and enables users to enjoy an unhindered view of the mouse's interior as well as the mechanical parts. The RGB-LED lighting only adds to the unique looks of this mouse. The added benefit of this honeycomb design is the fact that not only does it look cool, it is cool - with your hands staying fresher for longer over the course of extended gaming sessions.

An A+ for the D-

The Model D uses Glorious’ BAMF sensor. That one’s based on the 3370 and was created in collaboration with PixArt, and from my testing I can’t find anything wrong with it. There were some sensor issues when the BAMF was first implemented in the Model O Wirelessbut those have since been fixed with a firmware update and it seems like they got it right from the start this time.

Model D Wireless / Model D Minus Wireless Product Guide and Model D Wireless / Model D Minus Wireless Product Guide and

I tested the Model D Wirelessover the course of a few weeks and I’ve also given it the usual ‘stress tests’ and it came out just fine. Contrary to what you could find on some of the brand’s older models, there’s now no flexing or creaking, making for a mouse that feels well built. The mouse is also dead silent when shaking or tapping it. Their promise of tightening their quality control process doesn’t seem to be an empty promise.

Pro Lists

Glorious has built a lightweight program in the Model D Software to match its lightweight mouse. It offers the essential tweaks in a small footprint (under 5MB) install with an easy-to-use user interface (UI). Unfortunately, it didn’t work out of the box. What’s also included are two additional larger feet that allow you to customize the glide area of the mouse. These do not drastically change the overall speed or smoothness of the glide but if you prefer larger skates over smaller ones (like I do) then they’re a handy addition to have. The Model D Wirelesshas a number of exciting improvements over Glorious’ earlier mice, but I think the improvement that most fans are looking forward to the most can be found in the QC department. The mouse itself feels really solid, with no creaking or flexing anywhere, and even though the buttons aren’t exactly flawless their flaws certainly aren’t enough to annoy me in everyday usage. Of course I can only judge this one copy, but from what I can tell this is one solid mouse. There’s no smoothing, acceleration, or any of that nonsense to worry about so you can rest assured that every single move that you make gets transferred to the screen with perfect precision.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop