The Mix

The Mix

RRP: £13.15
Price: £6.575
£6.575 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

However, he singled out elements of "Autobahn" as what the album "could have been if Kraftwerk had elected to really work these tracks over in a radical way, rather than essentially updating them to dance music's early- Nineties industry standard". Many were disappointed at the lack of new compositions and, moreover, the production values of the re-recorded tracks did not strike many listeners as particularly cutting edge, something which Kraftwerk had previously been renowned for. citation needed] The versions of songs on The Mix subsequently became staples of the band's live set. Giving the tone arm a very slight push forwards made it continue playing and the rest of the track played fine. We don’t share your credit card details with third-party sellers, and we don’t sell your information to others.

Fernando Abrantes is shown as fourth member in one the booklet photographs while being actually recruited for touring. There are some positive changes, though; The Mix's Autobahn is a much happier tune, with every segment of the song made more fast-moving, energetic, and bubbly. citation needed] Ralf Hütter said in interviews that he regarded The Mix as a type of "live" album, as it captured the results of the band's continual digital improvisations in their Kling Klang studio. The decision to start the percussion when the initial vocoder starts was good, and the new melody for the "radio" section is very enjoyable to hear.

Computer Love: Much like The Robots, the most noticeable addition here is a new synth riff in the accompaniment that adds to the danceability of the track. Probably the weirdest entry into their discography, and that includes their more unfocused early material, The Mix has Kraftwerk beef up some of their old classics with new arrangements and more pumping rhythms. The breakdown with the voices being sped up and distorted is brilliantly weird, the additions to the beat preserve the original tracks' energy, and the ending is well-done. Strangely enough, however, this album was the last project for Kraftwerk before they fully turned into a legacy act for the next twelve years, with almost no new original music released, but a lot of tours and live-appearances.

The only one I liked even a little bit was ‘Computer Love’ and even then, that was more of just a ‘wow this song is good’ instead of a ‘wow they really recreated this track with such nuanced changes that I can definitively say I’d relisten to this version’. The left channel is the inner flank of the groove, that's why the needle jumps backwards and the same section is repeated over and over again. It has entirely re-arranged and re-recorded versions of a selection of songs which had originally appeared on Kraftwerk's albums Autobahn (1974) to Electric Café (1986). The intro and other sound effects are redone to match up with the beat, which is another welcome change. Bartos claimed in later interviews that much of his programming work was still featured on The Mix, uncredited.This conversion project proved to be an ongoing task, as new upgrades and equipment were continually made available in the years following the album project. The Sleeve When we describe the sleeve we are describing the printed paper cover or booklet that is included inside the case. Most of the songs featured on their set list from this point to the present time have been heavily rearranged in a similar fashion to what appears on the album. The original 1991 liner notes credit Hütter, Schneider and Hilpert simply with "Music Data Mix", while the 2009 remaster release gives more detailed credits for Hütter and Schneider. For a more seamless playlist, I could have gone with this album’s shortened version of “Autobahn,” but I find it sorely lacking the warmth that makes the original such a treasured classic.

This proved to be an ongoing task, as new upgrades and equipment were continually made available in the years following the album project. Dentaku: I guess Pocket Calculator must have been really popular in Japan, because Kraftwerk made a part 2 to the song here that uses the Japanese lyrics.While Andrew Harrison of Select awarded the album five stars out of five, his opinion was that "Hütter and Schneider threw themselves into techno as if they'd invented it (which they had), but updating Kraftwerk was always rather pointless, as their music has never dated at all". I've got no idea how this could happen and why nobody else has noticed it before - it's clearly audible, now that I know it.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop