The French Gardener

The French Gardener

RRP: £8.99
Price: £4.495
£4.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

As I sniffed and sighed my way through The French Gardener I longed for the beach. It’s just the sort of book that begs a quiet cottage on a rainy day, or a languid one on sand and under an umbrella”

French Garden Ltd./ Home French Garden Ltd./ Home

The light of the French Riviera is a lifeblood. Here, in this place blessed by the gods, the earth is tended by The Gardener. Use symmetry. Precise, symmetrical lines are vital to a French-style garden. Incorporating boxwoods into the design gives it a traditional look and enables you to create and maintain the clean, geometric lines that are essential to the design. Be sure to trim boxwoods often to maintain their geometric shape. In addition to neatly trimmed hedges, garden beds and planters should be kept neat, symmetrical, and free of debris. Feel free to experiment with other geometric shapes like diamonds, semicircles, or triangles in your design. The residence should be the focal point of the garden. In traditional French-style gardens, the home is the focal point of the garden, with paths that run perpendicular to the structure. Stucco or stonework homes are ideal for a traditional French-style garden, but other styles of homes can work, too. Consider adding window boxes to further connect the home to the landscape. Some of these are my own observations, others were given to me by Georgia Langton, a friend of my mother’s who’s a talented gardener. These are Ava’s words, because, on a deeper level, Ava’s spirit is still there in the garden – like nature we don’t die, but shed our bodies like leaves and flower again in spirit. Ava’s very much present, enjoying all the beauty of Nature. This week I read The French Gardener by Santa Montefiore. My bloggy friend, Linda, posted about it here, and I wanted to read it based on her review. I will keep my review brief and refer you to Linda's post. Linda also has another blog, News from Italy, I enjoy reading, too.This cookie is used to a profile based on user's interest and display personalized ads to the users.

Book Review | The French Gardener by Santa Montefiore Book Review | The French Gardener by Santa Montefiore

I adore my London life. I love my friends, the restaurants, shops, theatres and the social side of the city. But I need to return every weekend to the country where I see only my family. I feel at peace in the woods and gardens of my home, where we have a cottage, and fill up spiritually. Labai ilgai galvojau, kokį įvertinimą šiam kūriniui skirti. Iš esmės knygos pradžia buvo sunki, veikėjai nedomino, prasidėjo labai lengvabūdiškai: turtingo vyro moteris, kuri nesusitvarko su vaikais, vyras, turintis du gyvenimus, nauja "pradžia". Nuobodu, neįdomu. Į knygą sudėjau visas savo viltis, kadangi dar paauglystėje skaičiau šios autorės kūrinį "Po Italijos saule", kuris vis dar išliko kažkur giliai širdyje. Jau negalėčiau atpasakoti, kokią istoriją pasakojo, tačiau vis dar atsimenu, kaip jaučiausi ją skaitydama. Tikriausiai tos per didelės viltys ir numušė knygos vertinimą. Reziume duočiau 3,5 žvaigždutes.Readers are always interested in which character an author aligns herself with. Is Miranda’s job as a writer and aspirations as a novelist a hint? Do you find it easiest to write about characters to whom you relate, or ones you feel distant from? We strive to be ecologically conscious, keeping in mind changes in climate and precipitation and making adjustments as needed. It twangs on every heartstring, presses every button and is utterly irresistible… It’s lovely stuff – glossy lifestyle glamour with a soul.. you’re spellbound by the sheer charm of the enterprise.” Brad Pitt, the Perrin Family and Tom Nichol today announced the launch of The Gardener Gin, which will be officially presented at the Carlton during the 2023 Cannes Film Festival. Each an expert of their craft, the Perrins and Brad sought an equal who could bring their vision to life. In Tom Nichol, somebody with the same commitment to quality without compromise, they observed a shared pursuit of beauty. With this triptych of creators, The Gardener was born of a mutual love of the French Riviera and all its art de vivre. ABOUT THE GARDENER GIN

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop