Orphans of the Tide

Orphans of the Tide

RRP: £7.99
Price: £3.995
£3.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

The changes in pace and tension have been crafted so wonderfully that it’s nearly impossible to find places at which you can put the book down. When a whale washes up on the shore and a boy crawls out the City inhabitants come to the only logical conclusion, he is a deadly force that has not walked the City for 23 years.

The opening of Orphans of the Tide must surely be one of the most arresting and memorable in recent children’s literature: a whale washes up and is caught on the rooftops of a partly submerged city. Your class will read chapter 18 and as part of a balanced argument, they will need to compare the qualities of the two men.As soon as you began to understand the world this is set in, it becomes quite easy to guess the outcome of everything. This is a thrilling fantasy adventure around cobbled streets, abandoned buildings, up tall spires, through dank sewers and amongst the docks of the City surrounded by the sea. I can't put my finger on all the little things that I couldn't properly fit into the puzzle of this story. El worldbuilding, con su mundo inundado, el toque steampunk, la organización de la sociedad, y una trama así de emocionante, llena de acción, aventuras, y tantísimo misterio.

No he podido separarme de esta novela desde que la abrí, por los secretos, por el peligro al que se enfrentan Ellie y Seth, y lo estupenda que es también Anna, la mejor amiga de Ellie, y la única capaz de poner orden entre tanta aventura descabellada y plan sinsentido. There is a touch of Phillip Pullman about the world that Murray creates, and Murray matches Pullman lyrical prose [. The City became such a real place for me while I was reading, and small, seemingly insignificant details mentioned early on in the story came back round and played their part later. The sentence has to make sense without the information between the dashes; it’s just a bit more interesting with the added detail. Cutting into the whale’s belly to avert a build up of gas, the incredible happens and a living boy falls out.The story continues at similar levels of drama, the City’s religious authorities dragging the boy to prison and a death sentence, believing his body is home to The Enemy, the god they hold responsible for putting the world in its watery grave. The world they lived in may have been well developed, but because the characters felt under-developed I had a hard time connecting to the world.

Only Ellie seems convinced of his innocence and when the boy is caught and sentenced to death by the city's Inquisitors, Ellie finds herself on a whirlwind of an adventure to keep the boy from being wrongly harmed. There was no gunshot, just a sharp hiss, and something embedded itself in Seth’s neck with a thick thud.Puffin is an imprint of Penguin Random House, the world’s number-one publisher representing a vibrant community of publishing houses marked by unparalleled success.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop