The Cook and the King (Aziza's Secret Fairy Door, 293)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Rosie's Hat isn't just any old hat. When a gust of wind sweeps it off her head, it goes off on a whole hatful of adventures!

There's an Owl in My Towel is a beautiful and engaging book for little ones from Julia Donaldson and Rebecca Cobb, the creators of the bestselling The Paper Dolls and The Everyw... Read more This wasn't a problem as my six year old knew the story and was keen to asked to keep this book, The Cook And The King, which is a great story to read, the story tells how the King begins his search of finding a cook, but ends up employing Wobbly Bob who s anything but a cook! And what the king fails to realise is he does his own cooking but only once he’s caught his own fish, oh and dug up some potatoes to cut into chips to go with his fish. A very amusing, funny, witty and silly multi talented King indeed.Bestselling author Alexandra Christo, author of TikTok sensation To Kill a Kingdom, introduces her new book, The Night Hunt (Hot Key Books), a dark...

but the king is very fussy; he tries all the cooks in the kingdom, but no one is good enough. Then he spots Wobbly Bob. Maybe Bob can whip up his favourite dinner? But how will Bob be able to cook for the king when he's scared of . . . well, everything?! Meet everyone's favourite crime-busting ladybird in this collection of four brilliantly funny stories from the bestselling What the Ladybird Heard series, read by Alexander Armstrong – perfect f... Read more but the king is very fussy; he tries all the cooks in the kingdom, but no one is good enough. Then he spots Wobbly Bob. Maybe Bob can whip up his favourite dinner? But how will Bob be able to cook for the king when he’s scared of . . . well, everything?!One of my television songs, A Squash and a Squeeze, was made into a book in 1993, with illustrations by the wonderful Axel Scheffler. It was great to hold the book in my hand without it vanishing in the air the way the songs did. This prompted me to unearth some plays I’d written for a school reading group, and since then I’ve had 20 plays published. In Poems to Perform, Julia Donaldson has chosen poems with performance by children in mind, and her notes and ideas on performing them are included in a special section at the end of the ... Read more

There's a hullabaloo at the seaside when a toddler takes his friends on a stroll to the end of the pier. There are buzzing bees, bicycle bells and a whole beachful of noisy fun. Even the smallest t... Read more The Cook and the King is a brilliantly funny story from the award-winning picture book duo Julia Donaldson and David Roberts, creators of Tyrannosaurus Drip. With fun rhyming verse and richly detailed illustrations, this is sure to become a firm favourite with children and adults alike. There's harmony in the air when the animals get together to make music and put on a concert with a difference! A laugh-out-loud pirate adventure from the stellar picture-book partnership of Julia Donaldson and David Roberts. There's a commotion in the classroom as Goat and the other animals spend the day at playgroup. The musical instruments and the dressing up box are lots of fun, but - oh dear! - Goat gets into a mud... Read moreWritten by the brilliant Julia Donaldson and stunningly illustrated by the award-winning Sara Ogilvie, T he Hospital Dog is a big-hearted tale about a very special, very brave dog.<... Read more There was once a very hungry king, who needed a cook like anything... the story begins. But none of the applicants seem to match his high standards. Enter Wobbly Bob, the chef who would love to attempt all of the King's culinary challenges if only he dared. His chant of "I'm scared! I'm scared! I'm terribly scared!" was enjoyed by my Reception class. They seemed to understand the humour of the ending, that it was actually the King who had managed to prepare the delicious meal by helping Bob with every stage of the process, yet he ends up hiring him because he believed it was Bob who was the fantastic cook. As one of my 5 year olds so shrewdly observed:- " he doesn't need a cook after all, he can do it all himself!" From a star picture-book partnership, Julia Donaldson and the award-winning Catherine Rayner comes a gorgeous story about friendship and working together. From Julia Donaldson, bestselling author of The Gruffalo, and award-winning illustrator Yuval Zommer, comes a charming minibeast Cinderella story. More about Julia: “I grew up in a tall Victorian London house with my parents, grandmother, aunt, uncle, younger sister Mary and cat Geoffrey (who was really a prince in disguise. Mary and I would argue about which of us would marry him).

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop