Kiss Her Once for Me: A Novel

Kiss Her Once for Me: A Novel

RRP: £14.99
Price: £7.495
£7.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Use italics (lyric) and bold (lyric) to distinguish between different vocalists in the same song part

I read this book shortly after watching THE HAPPIEST SEASON movie with Kirsten Stewart, so I honestly couldn't help but think of that the whole time I was reading this (which is a good thing because I really enjoyed both!). It wasn't just that this is also a sapphic love story, it was also the environment the characters are in and where the love interest comes from. I really liked watching these characters' relationship develop. This is a really sweet second chance romance with a messy fake dating situation that just WORKS. The chemistry was believable and was really cute. This is also another Christmas read I think you could read whenever, but I think Christmas is the best time for it. It's really festive with them being home for the holidays and all the festive family activities which were absolutely adorable. WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU WRITE A WEBCOMIC ABOUT A RELATIONSHIP YOURE CURRENTLY IN WHEN THERES 200K ON THE LINE THAT COULD KEEP YOU FROM BEING HOMELESSI enjoyed this book a lot even though I have a very low tolerance for reading about 20-somethings who don’t have their lives together! It was fun and engaging, and the explorations of the main characters’ various traumas/issues and how they drove their behaviour and affected their relationships were nuanced and thoughtful. Although I also just finished Season of Love, which maybe did that a little better? It’s all a blur to me now. Alison Cochrun is one of my favourite romance writers. Her characters feel so real and complex, and her stories are incredibly fun and engaging, with just the right amount of drama and without relying on irritating plot devices. This one was the perfect book to read at Christmas, especially as - like protagonist Ellie - I am also a webcomic creator! I really related to Ellie's burnout and desire to rediscover her old passion for making art.

i never want to read about someone's quarter-moon/half-moon smile or about smelling like bread againThis was such a sweet queer riff on While You Were Sleeping (one of the best Christmas movies ever!) that I didn't know I needed to read. If you’re looking for a fun fake relationship story, look no further! The Charm Offensive is one of my favorite books of all time and the synopsis for Kiss Her Once for Me sounded phenomenal, but unfortunately this was a big disappointment for me. I love Alison Cochrun’s writing and I will always love her writing, but the content in this story just didn’t work for me. The answer is, apparently, yes. I don’t have anyone else. If last Christmas is any indication, it’s best I’m not alone for the holidays. I tend to make misguided life choices in the name of loneliness.

I put this on hold at my library before it even came out, based on the buzz. The hold became available in time for me to take it to my parents’ for Christmas (a Christmas miracle!). I loved it so much that I bought my own print copy, which just arrived a couple days ago.The thing about snow is, it never lasts, and you’re always left a slightly dingier version of the world when it starts to melt. this was such a messy, cute and fun romcom. it had so much depth, so much representation & diversity, amazing characters, such an interesting plot, holiday vibes and many taylor swift references. Charlie is far from the romantic Prince Charming Ever After expects. He doesn’t believe in true love, and only agreed to the show as a last-ditch effort to rehabilitate his image. In front of the cameras, he’s a stiff, anxious mess with no idea how to date twenty women on national television. Behind the scenes, he’s cold, awkward, and emotionally closed-off. The book was too sexually explicit for me, personally (though I really appreciate the verbal consent aspect!! 👏🏻)

So I have pretty conflicting feelings about this. On the one hand I thought it was well written, fun to read, and never bored me as other romance books have in the past, but there were also a lot of parts that really got on my nerves. Verdict? I have no clue! I don’t know if I’d strongly recommend this book since it had so many flaws, but I don’t regret reading this book. It will find an audience that loves it. I’m just not part of that audience.

Why would I leave Phoenix for somewhere wet and cold?” Linds asks, reminding me that my Christmas wishes are always irrelevant.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop