Michelle Paver's Chronicles of Ancient Darkness Collection - 6 Books (Spirit Walker, Wolf Brother, Outcast, Soul Eater, Ghost Hunter, Oath Breaker) (Chronicles of Ancient Darkness)

£9.745
FREE Shipping

Michelle Paver's Chronicles of Ancient Darkness Collection - 6 Books (Spirit Walker, Wolf Brother, Outcast, Soul Eater, Ghost Hunter, Oath Breaker) (Chronicles of Ancient Darkness)

RRP: £19.49
Price: £9.745
£9.745 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I think that this book is a great opening to the series. Michelle Paver introduces each of the characters perfectly and as we read on we see bonds beginning to form. This book sets the scene for the rest of the series and as we begin to learn more about Torak, Renn and Wolf, we also follow their incredible journey to kill the demon bear. I would recommend this book for ages 8+.

Chronicles of Ancient Darkness (9 book series) Kindle edition

Vipers daughter is a sequel to the Chronicles of Ancient Darkness series, and we are introduced to a new character, Renn’s brother Naiginn. We follow Renn and her brother’s journey. My favourite part of Vipers daughter is when Torak meets Naiginn, because the atmosphere is very tense and it made me wonder what would happen next. This book was very engaging, and I would recommend it for ages 12+. He wins by temporarily blinding Hord with steam; this action, together with a dog whistle which Torak has made to summon Wolf, leads Fin-Kedinn and the Raven mage to see Torak as the "Listener" of a prophecy. The prophecy states that the Listener, who "talks with silence and fights with air", will offer his heart's blood to the World Spirit and thereby kill the demon-bear. Many Ravens now believe that Torak must be sacrificed. Torak manages to escape his imprisonment; he is unexpectedly joined by Renn, who has also brought Wolf. Though adversarial at first, Torak and Renn develop a mutual respect, and eventually become friends. Hord is Renn's brother. He unknowingly helps Tenris, who's acting as a 'crippled wanderer' create a demon by capturing a young bear. Throughout the first book Hord behaves stubbornly, and fueled by guilt, believes that he must deliver Torak's blood to the World Spirit himself. In the end, he follows Torak to the Mountain of the World Spirit and tries to kill him, he fails and he and the bear are killed by an avalanche created by the World Spirit.A blood-curdling ghost story, evocative not just of icy northern wastes but of a mind turning in on itself”

Welcome to the home of Chronicles of Ancient Darkness!

If you pay Income Tax at the higher or additional rate and want to receive the additional tax relief Torak runs away from the Ravens in this book to find the cure for a mysterious illness befalling the Clans, and Torak, Renn and Wolf leave the Clans for the Deep Forest, convinced they will find a piece of the Forest in the Sacred Grove, where the oldest tree stands, while Dark finds two pieces at camp. One is found by appealing the Hidden People of the caves, who hand him a crystal and tell him he will find another "in the jaws of the wolf". The second is found having been unmarked by Pebble chewing on it. At the same, Dark discovers his father, who he has lingering animosity towards but who had been trying to make amends, and the other Swan Clan hunters stealing food. He learns that there is a new Leader among the Deep Forest Clans, a powerful figure who protected them from the Thunderstar and convinced them to renounce the old ways of the Clans. Suspecting who this new Leader might be, Dark leaves camp with Fin-Kedinn's blessing to find Torak and Renn. Michelle Paver. "Michelle Paver on Chronicles of Ancient Darkness #1: Wolf Brother". Author Essays. Harper Collins . Retrieved 23 October 2011. For the book Ghost Hunter (2009) she won the Guardian Children's Fiction Prize, a book award judged by a panel of British children's writers. [4] [5]Ghost hunter is a very exciting finale to the six book series. We finally discover all of the secrets of each of the characters, and we realise how complex each one of them truly are. We also meet Dark, an abandoned member of the Swan clan. I loved the final battle, as it is so action filled and interesting, especially the huge plot twist at the end. I would recommend this book for ages 10+. Paver places the series in north-west Europe. She says about the fruit of her research, "I've tried hard to make Torak's world accurate, and I've been delighted that the stories have met with favor in archaeological circles. A few years ago, I was asked to open a special WOLF BROTHER display case at the Cambridge University Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology. The Museum had taken excerpts from the book, and exhibited them alongside real archaeological artifacts mentioned in the story, such as flint blades, red ochre, etc." [8] Film rights [ edit ] Torak and Wolf, aided by Naiginn's father, Marupai and a young halfman (girl) named Shamik from the Narwhal clan, trace Naiginn and Renn to the Edge of the World, a volcanic opening where an opening to the demonic Otherworld can be found. Naiginn wants to use the power of the Edge of the World to allow Renn to break his curse, but the proximity of flames (counter to Naiginn's nature as an ice demon) weaken him. Renn escapes and Wolf summons the ancient spirits of the long-dead mammoths to hunt the demons, who fear them. Naiginn disappears and Torak, Renn, Wolf and Shamik (eager to escape the abuse she suffers from the Narwhals) return to the Forest. However, although they promise to tell each other the truth from that moment onwards, Renn does not tell Torak that she is still seeing visions of Seshru. Torak has been rejected by the clans after they discover his horrifying secret. He bears the mark of an outcast. The Raven clan, boar clan and a vicious viper all want him dead. Little does he know that the snake is lurking nearby, ready to kill…

Chronicles of Ancient Darkness films - IMDb Chronicles of Ancient Darkness films - IMDb

In 2019, Paver announced that she would be returning to the Chronicles of Ancient Darkness with three further books, set after the end of the main series, once again following Torak, Renn and Wolf. The titles of the books were announced as: Viper's Daughter, Skin Taker and Wolfbane. Skin Taker is another sequel to the Chronicles of Ancient Darkness series. I would recommend this book for ages 12+ Spirit Walker by Michelle Paver (Chronicles of Ancient Darkness: Book 2)". Fantasy Book Review . Retrieved 19 October 2011. Wolf Brother is the first book in the series Chronicles of Ancient Darkness by Michelle Paver. Wolf Brother takes place six thousand years ago during the Middle Stone Age, and tells the story of twelve-year-old Torak, a boy who can talk to wolves. The book was published in 2004 by Orion Children's Books.Paver researched extensively while developing the book. In addition to academic study, she travelled to north-eastern Finland, where she trekked with a field guide over 300 miles across the forests. To understand life in the New Stone Age, they used tools and clothing that would have been available 6000 years ago, slept in a traditional laavu shelter in a sleeping bag made of reindeer skin, and ate only foods that Stone-Age hunter-gatherers would have. In addition, she spent time at a wolf reserve studying the wolves and observing their behavior, and also named the main character "Torak." From the one of the wolves in the UK Wolf Conservation Trust. [7]

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop