Olympus Binocular 10x 50 DPS-1 - Black

Olympus Binocular 10x 50 DPS-1 - Black

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Hold them at arm's length and look into the eyepieces. Is there a round circle of light, or is it diamond-shaped?" These binoculars are simply amazing for the price they go for, and are probably one of the cheapest binoculars out there that can still provide high quality views for their users. If you are just starting out with binoculars and you don’t typically have a lot of experience in using them, these would make a great first set because they have a lot of features but still provide that basic element for new users. The 25 year guarantee alone makes these binoculars worth purchasing because you know you are not only buying from a brand you can trust but you are also guaranteed a replacement should anything go wrong with it that is out of your control. The Olympus Trooper 10x50 is great for any outdoorsmen looking for a large binocular as their companion. Hunting, birding, and even star gazing, the Trooper is a performer! Value The wide 65 degrees apparent field of view contributes to a sharp, clear image, as well as the versatile applications for which these models can be used.

Most good quality binoculars these days are fully sealed, but unless you plan to go out in the rain, does this really make a difference? Binoculars these days have from about 10, right up to about 20 separate glass surfaces within them and each of these can potentially cause unwanted reflections or disrupt the light in a way that is not desired. Field of view is 371ft /1000 yards. A great field of view, probably equal or better than many other roofs and porros for 10x magnification. The view is quite wide and it is a pleasure to watch fast moving warblers with these bins. However, these coatings cost money and so to keep the manufacturing costs down on cheap binoculars, they will not only reduce the amount of glass surfaces that they coat, but also the amount of layers of these coatings on the surface that they do coat. Here is a my opinions of Olympus DPS I 10X50. I have used them for quite long time, and almost in every situation. This review is a small contribution on my side for this forum. I simply love to discuss and share the experiences about binoculars.Knowing the little that I can about them so far (3 hours maybe), would I buy them again? I think I would. We'll just have to wait and see if that view changes over time. Also, something I missed mentioning before, collimation seems more than acceptable to me. I've not done any kind of exhaustive test as I'm having trouble making Bahtinov masks at the moment, but hope to solve that in the next day or two and then see what's what. The eyepiece has a specially formulated lens element with UV protection that cuts harmful ultraviolet rays. Designed to minimize eyestrain during extended use, the DPS I Series is ideal for spectator sports, camping and other outdoor pursuits. These bins gives you crystal clear image, with wide field of view. But the image gets more soft on the edges. 2/3 of the view is pretty sharp and deliver crisp images. But, still its a great value.

The viewer can make precise dioptric adjustments to +- 2 m -1 ( for fixed magnification models; +- 1 m -1 for zoom model ) to match his or her eyesight.With a magnification power of 10, the Troopers provide a powerful punch in tandem with an optical lens size of 50. This allows for the Troopers to work in multiple lighting conditions, even low light setting such as dawn or dusk. Once again, the down side to these binoculars is that their large magnifying power results in a shaky image unless you can steady the binoculars while viewing an object. Ease of Adjustment So what (if any), compromises have they made to produce these, or are they as good as slightly higher priced products and in particular the Kowa YF 8x30 Binoculars?

For me these represent a quite adequate "recession buster" binocular. Austere times demand you being especially practical about pricing. Despite their noted shortcomings they feel as if they could do a useful job of work for me.First I am not sure if I am recognising the outcome of undersized prisms correctly or not. I do note in brighter light that there is a tendency for what seems like an unknown eyebrow or previously unnoticed extra fold to my (somewhat baggy or droopy) eyelids to impinge on the upper outer edges of the view, always thought it was me, but it could be the upper edges of those diamonds I must suppose. Is that roughly how one spots it in use? It is a darkening, and it makes deciding on one's correct IPD somewhat tougher than it feels it should be. I'd always thought I had not yet learned or found dead centre for each eye, but this may actually be what has been going on instead. Then once you have this short list, I would narrow them down to the final choice by looking at the featue=res that are most important to you. Lightness, size, field of view etc. Related Content: Worse than that are simply coated or as Olympus describe theirs as having a “Monolayer coating”– this means that only SOME surfaces (they don’t say how many, but it is usually just the first and last lens surfaces) have received just a Single anti-reflection coating.

UV protected – These binoculars are UV protected so your eyes will always be safe during sunny observations. Fully Multi-Coated” optics is ideal as ALL the glass surfaces have received Multiple layers of anti-reflection coatings which usually results in a transmission level of approx. 90-95%. The Olympus Trooper 10x50 is advertised as having a "wide-angle view" for "keeping up with fast moving subjects." While this intention is excellent, the Trooper 10x50 has a field of view of 342 ft x 1000 yds. This ranks the Trooper # 6 out of 11 binoculars tested when looking at just Field of View. The Bushnell Legacy 8x42 has the largest field of view at 430 ft x 1000 yards, yet at the same time is 1/2 " shorter in width. Even the compact Best Buy winner, the Nikon Trailblazer 8x25 ATB has a larger field of view. MagnificationNow lets turn to optical quality, probably which is the most desirable feature of these bins. They are simply superb in optics in this price range.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop