Garland Extra Large High Dome Propagator

Garland Extra Large High Dome Propagator

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

For example, in the above list, there are some seven-cell propagators, which would make it possible to plant around 21 seeds (if you planted three seeds in each cell). However, the good thing with individual-cell propagators like this is that you can have better control over the temperature in each cell. Take a look at the product’s dimensions and match them up with the space you have available – propagators come in a range of sizes, so you’ll find one to fit your space with a bit of searching!

I love my new propagator! It was easy to assemble, holds lots of plants and the temperature probe is really useful. I bought two heights of sides and this is super as I am not restricted by size of cuttings. A heated propagator is usually powered by a low wattage electric element, which are very inexpensive to run. However, a warm windowsill or a heated greenhouse is perfect for an unheated propagator. Seeds need both light and heat to germinate effectively, so you would need to decide which type of propagator is going to be ideal for the job. You might also want to consider whether you want to incorporate small trays or pots within the unit or whether you will sow seeds or grow plants from cuttings. Your general growing requirements will obviously determine the overall size of the unit you will need. A Vitopod heated propagator with the double height option can be used as a mini greenhouse and will protect plants for longer without you having to heat an entire greenhouse or polytunnel.My testing took place in early January (just to give a bit of seasonal context) and within 3 days the peas had started to germinate. After a week they were really going for it, and it was time to remove the lid of the cell. The giant peppers took 8 days to pop their heads through, and after two weeks we were even able to see a few strawberry stems shooting up! If you want to ensure a high yield of germinated seedlings, this 22W Stewart P035B Electric Propagator allows you to plant up to 144 seeds at a time, which can result in germinating at least 50 plants in one ‘round’.

First, you will need to know how much your energy provider charges per kilowatt-hour. Let’s say they charge 14p per kWh (a relatively standard rate in the UK).For example, if you run a propagator of 100 W for an hour, at this rate, it will cost you 1.4p for that hour. A propagator of 50 W will cost 0.7p for an hour. And a propagator of 22 W will cost you 0.3 p per hour. Plus, if you get a propagator with a thermostat, it will regulate the temperature and save energy by turning off when it reaches a certain temperature. Extra features on this propagator are very limited. There is no thermostat and no timer, although a timer can be separately hooked up. Many users found that it got too hot for some seedlings, so I’d recommend keeping an eye on things for the first few days. Generally, a height of around 20 cm will allow enough space for your seedlings to establish properly, giving them enough time to grow good roots and 3 – 4 full leaves before having to transplant them. This is a proper piece of equipment, maybe not for the beginner gardener because of the price but a very worthwhile investment if you’re hooked and want to continue growing vegetables for a number of years, it is great as a gardening gift also. The best propagator we’ve seen, a serious piece of kit.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop