Vauxhall And I

Vauxhall And I

RRP: £12.84
Price: £6.42
£6.42 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

A strange choice of director, given Sophie Muller’s association with artists such as Beyoncé and Coldplay for starters. Peaking at No.5 in the UK charts, it’s difficult to argue with NME‘s contention that Suedehead was: “The best No.1 1988 ever gave us.”

The second single from You Are The Quarry, after Irish Blood, English Heart, The First Of The Gang To Die gave Morrissey his first brace of Top 10 hits since The Last Of The Famous International Playboys and Interesting Drug in 1989. Co-written with Stephen Street, it’s still a constant in his live shows and the sheer elegance of the melody – burnished by strings – and heady, undulating chorus still takes your breath away.

never miss a release.

Morrissey‘s 1994 solo album Vauxhall And I will be reissued in June, just four months after Parlophone Label Group re-released its 1992 predecessor Your Arsenal.

You will not find much of the notable sardonic wit which makes most of Morrisseys lyrics have an edge of humour too them - the subject matter is too dark. However even in the depths of despair the man cannot fail to take tongue in cheek swipes at the London existence he finds himself in.However, from then on – and with the exception of the already-mentioned songs – we are treated to a succession of slow-paced ballads that range from the interesting and poignant (“Hold on to Your Friends” and “The Lazy Sunbathers”) to the bland and incredibly self-absorbed (“Used to Be a Sweet Boy”, “Why Don’t You Find Out for Yourself” and “Lifeguard Sleeping, Girl Drowning”). Because of this, the album sounds much longer than the 39 minutes it takes to go through its eleven songs. Vauxhall And I (AlbumStereo) - Discogs release: https://www.discogs.com/release/12355178-Morrissey-Vauxhall-And-I According to Pitchfork, it was: “His most vital, entertaining and savage record since Vauxhall And I.” Read more: Johnny Marr interview Read more: Low In High School review The Essential Singles

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop