ExamReader | C-Pen | Text to speech device | Exam aid | Human reader alternative

£89.5
FREE Shipping

ExamReader | C-Pen | Text to speech device | Exam aid | Human reader alternative

RRP: £179.00
Price: £89.5
£89.5 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Record Voice MemosThe built-in microphone allows you to easily record audio, such as voice memos, meetings or lectures. The audio files are then saved in the device so they can be retrieved and listened to any time. You can also upload the audio files to your computer, giving you added convenience.

I’m sure there are more people who should use it too – can you think of any others? Let me know. How does the C Pen work? There is a learning curve, and it struggles with some types of text (see later in this review), so I’m not saying it’s perfect. But I do think it works well for most school-related printed texts. Scan printed text in British English, American English, Australian English, Indian English, French, Canadian French, German, Italian, Spanish, Latin American Spanish, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Dutch, Flemish Dutch, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Mandarin, Cantonese

National Curriculum Tests (known informally as SATs) are administered at the end of Key Stage 2 at 11 years. Permission to use some Access Arrangements, for example, extra time, must be granted by the Standards and Testing Agency (STA). Schools can decide on using other Access Arrangements such as a reader, prompt or rest breaks without applying to the STA. Roll the pen over a single word and a dictionary definition will appear on the display. It can also read the definition out loud to you. It uses the Collins Dictionary to find the definitions (but that’s all built-in, no need for Wifi!) A diagnosis of dyslexia will not mean automatic Exam Access Arrangements - it is the evidence of the student’s needs in their normal learning situation which is most important.

To find out whether your exam board has approval to use the C-Pen Exam Reader 2, please consult your awarding body for guidance. Supported Languages OCR & Text-To-Speech We took everything great from the ExamReader and made major enhancements to Exam Reader 2. Scanning speeds are even faster now with AI-supported text-to-speech. The C-Pen Exam Reader 2 also supports 10+ languages and features an audio-aided user interface to improve accessibility for all. Portable Cost-Effective Exam Support The school’s knowledge of the student’s needs and the support put in place in the classroom - their normal way of workingA student who has a hard time reading the questions can hardly be expected to be able to provide proper answers. Exam Reader 2 assists the students to read the questions but offers no help with the answers. Using Exam Reader 2 with earphones enables these students to be in the same room as their piers when taking the test, saving school resources. Exciting Exam Reader 2 features The C-Pen comes default in a British accent. This can be a little frustrating for some people, especially younger children who struggle a little more cognitively with different accents.

Overall, I like it. It can be a great tool for my students with dyslexia. I feel it’s best for middle / high school students and above. And it is definitely great for college students!

Frequently Asked Questions

The C-Pen Exam Reader 2 isn’t just a great investment in a student’s future, it’s also a valuable cost-saving tool for schools. This device nurtures reading independence, putting complete control in the learner's hands. Schools that make the switch from human readers to digital readers see a reduction in monthly outgoing costs, leaving them with more resources. If you move the pen too fast or too slow, it seems to falter. There’s a slow, steady and smooth pace to the scan that you really need to get right to get the best accuracy. The use of an exam reading pen, a word processor or assistive software (screen reader/voice recognition)

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop