Behind Closed Doors

Behind Closed Doors

RRP: £14.45
Price: £7.225
£7.225 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Many boast coffee rooms that do not (primarily) serve coffee, smoking rooms in which you cannot smoke and, in one case, a silence room that had to be scrapped because members refused to be quiet in it. This was a book that makes you read between the lines as you try to imagine just what does actually go on behind closed doors. Some scenes were full of tension, some scenes will leave you with your mouth hanging open and some scenes will frustrate you like hell. Yes, I was originally sold on it by the plotline description and the number of five star reviews it had received, but if I had started to read the much smaller number of really negative reviews first, I would never have picked up the novel in the first place, and that would have been a shame. Though Jack has shown Millie a lovely yellow bedroom (yellow is her favorite color) where she will live, he actually plans to keep her in the red basement room.

Several of my friends have loved this one but I think I had it built up in my mind to being awesome and for me it sucked big pickled eggs. And when will she get any time to herself and an opportunity to even do anything remotely like changing her life situation. I'm still shocked that there are people, children, who have had and still have to endure this kind of torture and pain.To make things worse, there is a stark absence of descriptive imagery, the characterisation is gossamer-thin and I've seen more twists on a runway. But what energizes this story is the uncanny desperation that you feel for not being able to look away.

Told from Grace’s point of view with flashbacks to past and present, BA Paris cleverly weaves the sorry tale of the Angel’s and one psychopathic husband. Even with Millie's privately managed welfare, it's not entirely believable to me that a bloke can just rock up, sign a few papers, and become someone with Down's syndrome's legal guardian. Things may look perfect to you on the outside but they are really horrible and gut wrenching behind closed doors. And that makes all the difference in keeping the story afloat and awaiting the next wave of attention.But when her marriage to Michael comes to an abrupt and unexpected end, her life is turned upside down in a flash. There seems to be a great deal of new releases on the best sellers lists for psychological-thriller style novels about relationships between married couples and they all seem to be readable but quite mediocre and this was among one of three that I downloaded that has fantastic reviews but failed to deliver a satisfying and credible ending.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop