Master of Salt & Bones

Master of Salt & Bones

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

If I was a grief eater, I could feast all day on the sadness and misery that comes with being forced to stare at a casket. It seemed a little abrupt to go from avoiding each other to being all over each other in the middle of the book.

The amount of pain and trauma that both characters were put through in there past was very hard to get through but so worth it to watch them overcome on their own and together. I imagined that she would see him for who he truly is, slowly break down his walls and they'd have this sweet romance that'd make me feel super soft. But if you might be okay with those triggers, then my god do you have one hell of a book to look forward to. Now Isadora,or Izzy,she’s some kind of a pariah and broke as fuck,she has no choice but to work at the cursed and dangerous Blackthorn mansion as Lucian’s crazy and ill mother’s care taker.Other parts navigate through the secrets and tragedies that only touch the surface of the truth in it for if you dive too deep. But she is a person with her own insecurities and trauma that shaped her to who she is until she meets Lucian. And though both main characters come with heart shattering stories, Lucians character growth contented me the most because he overcome so much darkness. In reality, my knight is scarred and broken, living alone in a castle of bones that overlooks the sea.

I think this book could've been about 70 pages shorter, had those scenes been handled differently and a lot of them cut out. If you want to read modern gothic tale, very mysterious, s*icy, suspensful, twisted in many ways, that will keep you on the edge and captivate you. There was the whole mystery of what happened to Lucian's family, which we learnt about and I'll say this - the flashbacks and that whole plotline were my favourite thing and I found them actually interesting. I just couldn’t do that, though, because overall, I fucking loved this book, and I know I’ll end up re-reading it whenever I’m in the mood for something deliciously dark.We follow 19-year-old Isadora Quinn whom recently was hired for as a companion for the Blackthornes or to be more specific the ailing mother, Laura Blackthorne. Also the plot got so dramatic so fast, and while some of the revelations had me wowed, most of them were simply too much, too dramatic. So I very much enjoyed this book overall, it's dark and chilling with some serious gothic horror vibes. Magical, all encompassing, enthralling, with a dark undercurrent and a romance that's literally to die for, this book was everything! When nineteen-year old Isadora Quinn begins working at the Blackthorne estate, she is skeptical of rumors but her curiosity about Lucian is peaked.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop