PizzaExpress From Italy With Love: 100 Favourite Recipes to Make at Home

PizzaExpress From Italy With Love: 100 Favourite Recipes to Make at Home

RRP: £18.99
Price: £9.495
£9.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

The pizza recipes are split into 3 sections of dough – thin and crispy, “Neapolitan-ish”, and pan pizza. He’s not afraid to break the rules and not follow conventions such as his Neapolitan dough.

Featuring exclusive recipes for perennial favourites including dough balls, Margherita and Sloppy Giuseppe as well as spicy, seafood, vegan and veggie pizzas, PizzaExpress: From Italy with Love caters to every mood and palette. Alongside 68 pizza recipes, many of which are ready in minutes, there are sumptuous salads, decadent desserts, and delicious dressings and sauces that create a meal for every occasion. You'll also learn how to impress by making artisan pizza base doughs such as Leggera and Calabrese, and there's even a special gluten free option that will have everyone fooled!I see the “Jim Lahey no-knead” method pop up all the time across internet forums and comments – I think people just love its simplicity. After the American styles (half the book), we have the Italian. Wood-fired Napoletana pizza has a detailed section on dough, sauce, and mozzarella before diving into the other Italian styles like from Rome.

With Jim’s obvious knowledge as a bread baker, I think it would have been better to include some more details on dough and why his method is a winner across the globe. Pros One of the most delicious dough-based recipes has to be pizza. And now Pizza Express has revealed the exact recipe of its much-loved Margherita pizza, so you can recreate that iconic taste without leaving your house. Using this “master dough”, the book then covers many styles. It’s primarily a US-based pizza book so covers regional American pizzas first like New York, New Jersey, Detroit, and St Louis. The second half of the book is just as fulfilling. It has 11 pizza dough recipes for different styles and hydrations. A great thing about this book is that Marc offers different recipes and instructions for cooking in different ovens.If I was to buy one pizza cookbook then this would be it. This book really does look into every element of pizza dough and leaves no stone unturned. A home oven is cooler and needs more water in the dough – so he accounts for this by specifying doughs with different hydration percentages. California style is a chapter that rounds up a mix of unconventional recipes, ancient-grain flours, and surprising flavors.

This might be the most comprehensive pizza book out there and one I absolutely love for its recipes and coverage of basically every pizza style known. It’s written by 12-time pizza World Champion and overall pizza legend, Tony Gemignani. It covers buying the right ingredients and equipment, some short theory, mixing and shaping dough balls, and finally the stretching, topping, and baking of the pizza.Arslan Sharif, digital & loyalty director at PizzaExpress, said: “The PizzaExpress Club was designed to reward our loyal customers and offer them great instant value - with free food or drink items every time they dine with us. To celebrate reaching one million customers joining our generous digital rewards programme, we're giving everyone a free drink to say thanks for being part of - or welcome to, the PizzaExpress Club. What I like about this book is its unpretentious nature. Marc wants to help you make better pizza with whatever oven and tools you have available. This method has gone on to become a standard in the sourdough community. This dough can then be used to make pizza as instructed in the book. The book has a strong focus on quality ingredients, mostly of Italian origin, and it’s this route that Jim takes in his recipes for world-class pies.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop