Trakker NXG Insulated Bivvy Mat (a) 210119

Trakker NXG Insulated Bivvy Mat (a) 210119

RRP: £39.99
Price: £19.995
£19.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Alastair Humphrey’s Microadventure book has some bivvy inspiration plus other small adventure ideas

A few luxury items worth considering, especially if you don’t have far to carry your kit: book, journal and a small pillow. Bivi bag resources At Outlaw Pro, our team of experienced anglers know all there is to know when it comes to Bivvies , Brollies and Shelters . For any Game of Thrones fans looking to go ‘North of the Wall’ then you’ll want the Bivvies’ stronger frames and increased pegging points, creating a sturdier unit for you to take shelter in.Basically: if it fits and not in use, then get it under there. What is the right option for lightweight trips? The range of Bivvies out there is so vast across colours, sizes, add-ons, suitability for certain terrains and weather that to answer the question: What is the Bivvy on the market? You need to first ask yourself: What do you want from your shelter?

We recently reviewed the OEX Bush Pro Bivvi and feel we have to include it in this roundup of the best bivvy bag choices. It represents fantastic value for money, and pushes the Highlander Hawk really close for the top spot if you’re looking to spend less. In our view, the hood system is slightly better in the Highlander Hawk, but with the OEX Bush Pro being substantially cheaper, it’s certainly a close run decision.Although it’s a non-permanent home for you, you still want it to provide several functions when bankside: to keep you and your gear dry, to keep you warm, and to provide you with a large and safe space to store items such as your carp bed chairs , Bivvy Organiser and Rods . Outdoor Research should need no introduction. A fantastic company based in Seattle on the West Coast of the USA, they have continuously been at the height of innovation and quality since their inception in the early 1980s. You are out in the elements (you can go to sleep looking up at a blanket of stars or a canopy of leaves) Ultimately, be prepared to adapt, turn and relocate your Bivvy several times during a session. What will complete the look? Bivvies come in a wide range of sizes – for example, the Avid Ascent Bivvy is available in one or two-man – allowing you to tailor your fishing shelter setup for those solo overnighters to a more social outing with your friend.

Trakker’s USB Bivvy Fan is a must-have in all conditions – not only does it keep you cool when it’s hot, but it helps reduce condensation when the temperature drops. Additionally, it works great as an insect repellent, with capabilities to add a few drops of citronella. Adventurer and explorer Alastair Humphreys recommends using an Ordnance Survey map to find a place to bivvy. “In this digital age nothing beats unfolding a giant paper map and dreaming big while spilling biscuit crumbs and tea. Things to look for include: lots of contour lines with a flat bit at the top, green areas of woodland, blue areas of water, walls to hide behind. Look for a footpath leading off the road and into a quieter area.” What if you live in a city? Their one-man Ascent Bivvy weighs 5kg, whilst the two-man version adds a further 2kg. At the other end of the scale is their HQ Dual-Layer Bivvy : one-man is 10kg, two-man is 12kg. What’s the coolest Bivvy colour in 2021? Bivvy bags take up less space so it is easier to find suitable wild camping spots and to be more discreteThe cheaper bags are less breathable, so you are likely to wake up with the inside of the bag feeling wet (and your sleeping bag feeling damp). This isn’t a problem if you are sleeping out just for a night as you can hang everything out to dry. If you are planning multiple days though you won’t want this as wet gear = cold! Here’s my recommendation for the best bivvy bags: If there’s a chance of rain, I’ll also set up a tarp (see my heading below, ‘what do you do if you are bivvying and it rains’) How to reduce condensation in your bag

I WROTE A BOOK!!** All about my first big adventure hiking the length of Israel – Three Stripes South. Don’t forget to also sign up to my newsletter to stay up to date with future adventures. When fishing with a groundsheet, the Mat can be used as a place to step on in muddy boots, or remove your boots before getting into bed, and helps to keep your bivvy groundsheet clean. Roll mat (I use a Thermarest NeoAir, which is very luxurious, although a cheap roll mat will also do)

Preview

I prefer the latter simply because it reduces sliding and means I’m less likely to wake up not on my roll mat. As I use an inflatable roll mat it also reduces the chances of punctures.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop