The Rain King: A Dark Gang Romance (A Murder of Crows)

£9.995
FREE Shipping

RRP: £19.99
Price: £9.995
£9.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Maddox, the mysterious, tattooed, six-foot-four wall of muscle who glares at me like I’m the enemy but protects me like I'm a treasure. Lennox is a psycho, but he certainly found his perfect match. I really appreciated his evolution and his realization that Rae was just an obsession for him that had nothing to do with love. They’re twin brothers, each one more dangerous than the other, each more irresistible. Loyal only to their crew, the Murder of Crows, they refuse to let an outsider like me get too close. I read the first book in this series and really enjoyed it. I had forgot this one was even coming out till I started seeing it in the author's book group and was like, wait a minute. So I was excited. Now I'm more like, meh, about it.

Selena is pure magic. Her writing is amazing; she can make you feel so many emotions, and you know you should HATE a certain character, but she ends up making you love them, and she has twists and turns like no other writer I know. This is my first read by Selena and I am shook. This is one of those books that the reader will either love or hate…me? Well that’s easy - it’s dark, overflowing with angst and has characters that I hated to love - so, this talented author is getting all the love from me.When I tell you everything about this book was perfect. I thought that I was in love with Maddox and his madness but nothing could have prepared me for Lennox. Like his and Scarlett's story was the epitomie of a dark toxic lovely time. It was raw and unfilltered and I loved every moment of it.

Only Happy When it Rains is the second installment in Selena's A Murder of Crows Duet, with a different couple, but a continuing plot. For that, I would advise to read book #1, The Rain King, first. Mysterious. Dark. Deadly. They say crows are bad omens, but until I met them, a single crow was my only friend. But their quest and emotional growth, connection, ensnarement and final entaglement is all so worth it, so felt and appreaciated, you couldn't wish for more. This book was definitely soo crazy. It's dark er than anyone ever think a dark romance could get. It's my first book that I've read from this author and i can say that I'm very impressed. The Book sets off with the story from Lennox so Madox's brother (for people who read the first book which i didn't do) and Scarlet.

Customer reviews

I still read them. I’m not sure if it’s just curiosity as it’s darker than most and I always wonder where she’s going with the stories and characters that aren’t all good or all bad. With actions that are not always bad, but that mostly end in a despicable way. It’s confusing how to animate those characters. Lennox, the devastatingly gorgeous flirt who charms me with his criminal smiles and melts me with his gentle kisses while hiding a sinister secret. Lennox, the devastatingly gorgeous flirt who charms me with his criminal smiles and melts me with his gentle kisses... While hiding a sinister secret. If you want to learn more about Bookshelves specifically, please read the Bookshelves FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions). There were so many moments that I teared up and cried which honestly thank you cause I know a book is good when I experience a shit ton of feeling and I know for a fact I should never expect nothing less from Ms. Selena...She can write my life any day. Thank you so much for allowing me to read this masterpiece!

Maddox, the mysterious six-foot-tall tattooed muscle wall who looks at me like I’m the enemy but protects me like I’m a treasure.

The Rain King Book PDF download for free

Rae has daddy/abandonment issues. She wants to feel loved. By anyone. And she’s ready to hand herself over to some twisted brothers. Not my favorite from this author but an enjoyable read. I’m wondering if the authors heart was in writing this book or if her fans pressured her to write this one. It’s doesn’t have that 10/10⭐️ feeling like her previous books have given me. These two are broken, and that's why they worked so well together. I know that Scarlet was still hung up on Maddox, but I don't think she could have found a better match than Lennox. They were soulmates.

But in some strange way, I’m ready to be hurt. I want to love just so I’ll know I’m not alone. I want to hurt because it proves that I loved, maybe even that someone loved me. If that’s the price of not being alone with my heart anymore, then I’m ready to pay that price.” Maddox is the type to not candy coat anything. He is broody, hurtful yet protective. This young man knows the truth about the type of person his twin really is and he will go to great lengths to get his Queen. Rae moves into a new house with her mother and her stepfather, who is a police officer. Her house is the only one on the street that has a pool. She asks the North Brothers who live next door to come and help clean it up so they can use it. Everything sounds very light and nothing dark, right? Well that’s just the beginning and it’s getting dark. The action and gang scenes were so fun to read and I loved the island scene so much! I was on the edge of my seat the entire time they were running through the island and the Mayhem Manor. The Rain King is a *dark romance* meant for 18+ readers who have *NO TRIGGERS.* It is a complete standalone. Book 2 is about a new couple.I mean, part of me wanted Rae to do the right thing and stay away from Lennox and Maddox because her family/twin bond isn’t worth destroying. Part of me was Team Maddox, although I wanted Lennox to have his own version of happy. Y'all. This book. Selena just dropped it like, "here you go." It is fantastic! If you are a lover of her dark Willow Heights Prep Exile series, you will LOVE this one. This, like the WHPA Exile series likely won't be for everyone because there are some non con/dub con situations and abuse. These boys are not nice in the conventional way. Don't expect a Disney fairytale. It's dark and gritty and hard. There is so much to talk about this book that I would have to include spoillers, so....I'll just say that this is not for the faint hearted and easily triggered. It's dark, kinky, brutal and gory, active and reactive, visceral and exposed. I will not be reading any follow up story, because quite frankly I have absolutely no desire to read about any of them. The reason for my high rating is the sex scene at the beginning of the book which was hot! i mean the book had potential at first, the plot was still shit and all (even tho it was entertaining ill give it that) and sometimes the writing makes no sense (it's tryhard purple prose) and some descriptions r confusing i couldn't set the scene but at first the characters weren't that messed up and unlikeable and i actually liked maddox.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop