Too Late: the darkest thriller of the year

Too Late: the darkest thriller of the year

RRP: £9.99
Price: £4.995
£4.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Colleen Hoover is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of Verity, the Hopeless series, the Maybe Someday series, Ugly Love, Confess, It Starts With Us, It Ends With Us, All Your Perfects, and many more. She lives in Texas with her husband and their three boys. Please visit http://www.ColleenHoover.com. The title, Slammed, is a reference to poetry readings which are called “Slammings” at coffee houses and cafes where they are featured. In this story we meet Layken, an 18 year old forced into the new setting of small town Michigan after being raised in Texas. Had me absolutely hooked. I literally did not have a clue what would happen next!’ ***** Reader Review If you've yet to experience the delightthat is reading one of Hoover's novels, we suggest starting with this . . . Prepare for your pulse to race and palms to sweat."— E! News Colleen Hoover's romances and contemporary fiction novels . . . grip readers with emotionally charged storylines, unique plotlines, and twists that leave us reeling."— Business Insider

Invective words were thrown into this story like sugar in cake. I do not have any problems with a bit swearing in books, but this was over the top. Colleen Hoover's romances and contemporary fiction novels . . . grip readers with emotionally charged storylines, unique plotlines, and twists that leave us reeling." heres a discussion question for you all: at what point are you allowed to negatively rate a work of fiction because there are certain aspects you morally disagree with? additionally, at what point are you allowed to overlook those personal objections because the overall concept/idea of the story is just so dang interesting? this is the dilemma i am currently facing. Verity delivers the grand slam of thriller twists—the holy grail of 'what the…?!' moments . . . Itlit up my brain." Her “new” book, Too Late, is not quite new – it has been self-published in several formats over the past 10 years. But it has now been edited and revised and this is the definitive mainstream version – much-sought-after among her completist fans.So I leave GR for a bit because real life sometimes exists and I hate it. Then I get a message from my bookpushing bestie giving me a 'gentle' nudge to read this book. This little free book surprised me. Colleen Hoover's books are usually full of angst but overall they feature 'goody-goody' characters. It was, but mostly, Too Late was a melodramatic get-together of underdeveloped characters and a ridiculous plot line. As an independent American author from Texas, Colleen Hoover came to writing as a hobby, but still something she felt compelled to do. Like most modern working women, she balances her work, her marriage, her two young sons and still finds joy in writing and promoting her own creations. At its core, “Too Late” is a thought-provoking exploration of love and redemption. Through Sloan’s tumultuous journey, Hoover challenges conventional notions of love, emphasising the importance of self-worth and personal growth. The book encourages readers to question societal expectations and find the courage to break free from toxic relationships. It’s a powerful reminder that true love should never come at the expense of one’s well-being. Conclusion:

She was in dire straits trying to pay for her brother's care until she met Asa. But as Sloan became emotionally and economically reliant on him, he in turn developed a disturbing obsession with her - one that becomes increasingly dangerous every day. Her father has died tragically and she is losing hope. In her new home she makes new friends and meets an attractive neighbor. The neighbor is also her poetry teacher and he attends slam poetry readings. More drama ensues and their relationship is slammed to a sudden halt. They struggle to find balance between the feelings that pull them together. The first Colleen Hoover book I read was “Verity” and now I have a new favorite author. A close friend recommended the book and I was absolutely floored by how emotional and gripping this book was. The ending left mope somewhat confused and wanting a concrete ending. I’d love to read a sequel and I’m sure other readers agree. Reply Sometimes a relationship is truly tested. How far will these characters go to prove their love for each other? How far apart do they have to fall to realize how much they belong together? What is the point of retreat? How will the decisions the make effect the people around them that they hold near and dear to their hearts? This GirlThe main character Sloan was somewhat annoying for me, which kept the book from getting all the stars. She is trying to take care of a special needs brother, going to college and putting up with a butt-holey boyfriend who is a nut job.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop