Make Time: How to focus on what matters every day

Make Time: How to focus on what matters every day

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

The book "Make Time: How to Focus on What Matters Every Day" was written by Jake Knapp and John Zeratsky and published on September 25, 2018, by Currency. The logic behind this tactic is quite simple: “The best way to defeat distraction is to make it harder to react.” Workout: 3x times a week, complete the following 3 steps: as many push-ups as possible in one set (rest 1 min); as many squats as possible in one set (rest 1 min); as many lifts (pull-ups, curls, whatever) as possible in one set (rest 1 min) Time is our only finite resource. Assets like money, energy, and health are renewable and expanding. If you lose money, you can make more. If you get tired, you can rest and recover. If you’re weak, you can become strong.

Because I’m some Seek opportunities for movement throughout the day by taking the stairs, parking farther away, or standing up and stretching during long periods of sitting. If you want to achieve more (without going nuts), read this book.”—Charles Duhigg, author of The Power of Habit Kaut kā tā man gadījās šī grāmata, kad kārtējo reizi apcerēju - skat, kā dzīve aizzib garām! Pagājusi vēl viena nedēļa, un es esmu izdarījusi tieši necik no tām lietām, ko sen gribu izdarīt. Jā, jā, gribu, bet nedaru. Kā tā var būt? Urgency: Go for something that’s time-critical and must be completed that day. Ideally, the task should be mid-sized and important, e.g. sending a proposal to a customer, or helping your son to finish a school project.

We read Cal Newport's Deep Work recently for book club at work, and I thought I'd supplement it with this while I was engaged in a concerted effort to be more thoughtful about the way I apply my attention, to what, and why. This is a fast read that works quite well as a peppy companion volume to Newport's more discursive approach. Which strategy should you use on any particular day? We think the best way to choose a Highlight is to trust your gut to decide whether an urgent, joyful, or satisfying Highlight is best for today. In a world where information refreshes endlessly and the workday feels like a race to react to other people's priorities faster, frazzled and distracted has become our default position. But what if the exhaustion of constant busyness wasn't mandatory? What if you could step off the hamster wheel and start taking control of your time and attention? That's what this book is about.

Eventually, this way of living becomes the normal way of living. Then, at some point, these things became our defaults. Jake Knapp spent 10 years at Google and Google Ventures, where he created the Sprint process. Also, he helped create Gmail and Google Hangouts. Change the icons on your phone's home screen to the next screen. An empty home screen can provide a time of serenity every time you use the phone since there will be no distractions;

Retailers:

I started this book almost six months ago, and really enjoyed the beginning. It provides some helpful productivity advice in a light and breezy writing style. There's nothing really groundbreaking here, but I still found it helpful: the key ideas are to choose one Highlight for each day, use various techniques to increase your focus (often by reducing distractions) and increase your energy, and refine your process continuously by reflecting on what works and what doesn't. Many of the techniques are tiny and straightforward but still impactful, like signing out of social media accounts so that you need to put in just a little bit more effort and thought before getting caught up in a distraction.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop