The Sun and Her Flowers: Rupi Kaur

The Sun and Her Flowers: Rupi Kaur

RRP: £12.99
Price: £6.495
£6.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Divided into five chapters and illustrated by Kaur, the sun and her flowers is a journey of wilting, falling, rooting, rising, and blooming.

I loved all the lines except for the fact that it gave a hint about acceptance to be in an abusive relationship. Heart breaking yet empowering - a woman's journey of growth - (wilting, falling, rooting, rising, and blooming) as she comes to terms with her past, present and future. The last chunk of this poem just made me cringe and it also ruined the initial emotion I felt while reading the first half.While Kaur is able to speak and often stun from her scars in a way that might make the average person blush, she has a way of doing so where she never comes across as weak.

Kaur has nearly four and a half million followers on Instagram, and many of her poems receive hundreds of thousands of “likes. The pieces speaking about some of the hardest topics seem so surface level, I felt wrong reading it. The poetic style is quite simplistic and some quotes I felt like were reworded versions of things I've seen before. It's not a style I enjoy at all, and the entire book just felt too Tumblr and cheesy and simplistic. The author decided to title the book this way just because she felt in love with the way that sunflowers worship with the sun, how they rise with the sun and then they follow the sun around.

The novel mainly sold with the YA age group whereas many of the poems are written about topics such as heartbreak and rebuilding yourself after. Lo que diferencia este libro a los demás de poesía contemporánea es que no se enfrasca en nada, toca temas muy variados. Discussing her first book Milk and Honey—a collection of poems that tackles tough themes such as rape, violence, alcoholism, trauma—Kaur described The Sun and Her Flowers as a grown-up version, that would be deeper and more emotional. Anyways, I could go on and on about how much her work mirrors the work of lesser-known authors, but I think most readers already know this. Her long-awaited second collection of poetry is a vibrant and transcendent journey about growth and healing.

She was known as an “instapoet,” a term used to designate those who share their work on social media.

Furthermore, I just can't ignore the more popular pieces she has claimed as her own when any avid reader can tell you they are not.

Most recently in 2022- she released her 4th book ‘Healing Through Words’ which is a journey of guided writing exercises to help the reader explore their creativity.After self-publishing her first poetry collection, Milk and Honey, Kaur signed a two-book deal with Simon and Schuster. Definitivamente leeré más de sus libros, pues su estilo, dentro de la poesía, es bastante único y crudo.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop