Daughter of No Worlds (The War of Lost Hearts Book 1)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Great storyline that is always moving and full of tension, with a strong female lead character a wonderfully created fantasy world and solid narration. They were both so genuine to each other and I liked how they both just acted in their feelings without fighting them too much! THERE WERE SOME HEAVY themes in this book which I thought added complexity to the story - war, mass slaughter, slavery, rape, etc. Once I'd solidified that in my mind I just couldn't imagine an being young and it ruined whatever romance was potentially blossoming.

The whole cast starting from the barely present Serel to the adorable machine of destruction that is young Moth, are beautifully done with each one of them having a vital role and just the enough depth that they could easily make their own books. Through the romance and Tisaanah’s education with her own (stunning) magic, we feel the dread bubbling in the background. It was such a wonderfully slow burn too and I was on the edge of my seat by the time they finally got together.Shame there was no “one bed” trope as they lived together in the cabin but I guess that’s to be expected with her being an ex-slave. Tissanah is a former slave, who is quite noble and admirable because even when she attains her freedom, she fights to GO BACK and rescue ev Zeryth and Nura want Tisaanah to wield a very particular weapon and have been testing her all along for her ability to do this. I wanted to cackle like an old witch when I read how she put everyone back in their spot with a nice smile and a kind of sarcastic comment. Read with terrible intonation and gasps loudly with each intake of breath before every other sentence.

However, their help comes at a cost and she is told that she must be accepted into the organization and prove her magical usefulness.

Definitely not shallow, but --" He stopped short as I struggled to contain my laughter, eyes narrowing at me in realisation.

I was really surprised when I realized you only needed one interaction to know if they were the bad or the good guys. they’re both so powerful and i love that they don’t necessarily need each other but they’re able to become stronger together. Seriously, Broadbent does not hesitate to traumatize these characters, and she's probably sipping some pink drink from Starbucks while casually writing their torture scenes. I loved reading about a grumpy hero becoming a big softie, and it even had a student/teacher dynamic too. Watching Tisaanah grow more into herself and learn to embrace her scars (literally) was probably one of the most satisfying things about this book.

And when he saw me, that expression of disgruntled weariness melted into a little knowing smile that, I knew, was meant only for me. Additionally, we don’t get a lot of world building in this book but I was still enthralled the entire time and eager to see what would happen next. Idk what his deal is but everytime he talked he rushed through the sentences and sucked in air in the weirdest moments! He made it such an absolute chore to finish that I absolutely won't continue this series because I can see his name attached to the other two books, which is a massive shame, because I really did enjoy it. When I came back to Daughter of No Worlds, I suddenly had greater understanding of how special this book is.

In a desperate bid for control, she lets herself fall all the way down into the back of her mind, and fall all the way into the lowest levels of her magic. The way she sacrificed everything just to save her friends and her town safe ejdnrkeududyeo queen/ badass behavior right there 😩👀🤭🤌🏻 AND HER RELATIONSHIP WITH SEREL?

This story touched on a lot of very difficult subjects, so if you like to check TWs beforehand, I would definitely recommend looking those up! Not even when I realized that every time I was without her, I found myself collecting little stories and oddities to tell her about when I saw her again, like stones that I slipped into my pockets. I am really eager to know what will happen to the two main characters next, and I am also very curious to discover who is against them and who wants to use them, and for what purpose. So it's two stars because the writing is good and I want to give Broadbent her due with being able to draw readers into the vivid internal world of her characters. Tisaanah now must learn to use her magic and she throws herself at it with all the stubbornness (determination?

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop