Osprey Men's Exos 38 Lightweight Hiking Pack

Osprey Men's Exos 38 Lightweight Hiking Pack

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

The shoulder harness and hip belt are with very pleasant and breathable Osprey’s ExoForm spacer mesh, and they are reasonably well padded. The sternum strap is with an emergency whistle.

Exos 38L - Ultra-Light Technical Multi-Day Pack - Osprey Packs Exos 38L - Ultra-Light Technical Multi-Day Pack - Osprey Packs

The Exos is equipped with several attachment points for various types of gear, so let’s go over them one by one. You can always compress things down as you reduce your load but its impossible to expand the material passed its max capacity.

Learn how to travel the world on $10/day! Download our FREE ebook below.

Minimalists and thru-hikers may find it over-featured, with extra compression straps and features like a trekking pole attachment loop on the shoulder strap. Offered in a nice array of capacity options including 38- and 48-liter variations, as well as women’s-specific designs. Big bump in sustainability with the latest model: PFC-free DWR coating and recycled and bluesign-approved materials. If you’re starting to look at ultralight gear but don’t have all your kit dialed in, get the 48 now and get something lighter in this volume range later. Osprey Exos 38 vs Kestrel 38 With my Western Mountaineering AlpinLite, Big Agnes FlyCreek2, self inflating torso ground pad, UL chair (yep, I'm old and it's worth it), LifeStraw, Nalgene, possibles bag, clothes, food and water, it was full and weighed 22 lbs.

Osprey Exos 38 Review - Ultra Lightweight Pack With Great Osprey Exos 38 Review - Ultra Lightweight Pack With Great

If you’re tossing up between the 38 and and the Osprey Exos 48 in most cases I recommend going with the 48. Especially if you envision being at or near capacity most of the time. Let us be clear here about the necessity of the rain cover. The average traveler might not need a rain cover. If you are not planning to do any serious hiking trips, then you could go without the Osprey rain cover. Personally, whether I am hiking or not, I like to always have a rain cover.

Capacity: 4/5 stars, adequate capacity. The advertised volume is pretty accurate, I would say it's definitely on the lower end of the estimated volume. It fits all the gear I need, and I find that the capacity is enough. The suspension system Exos 38 suspension system with the trampoline style tensioned mesh and great ventilation. The light wire alloy frame offers great support even when carrying loads up to 40 pounds. It is still possible to carrymore than that of course, but that is where the comfort zone limit is. You might say, “Well I want to be able to carry 50 or 60 pounds!” Unless you are doing some serious mountaineering, there is simply no need for you to carry that much! Everything in the design of the Osprey Exos 38 seems to be oriented towards its two main important features: ventilation, and (the absence of) weight. The Exos 38 claims to hold 38L of gear. In reality you can still load up about that much after removing the 6 odd litre lid. The front mesh panel also holds a ridiculous amount carry your rain gear, your lunch, your tent fly and whatever other little odds and ends you like.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop