Sanderson's Throat Specific Mixture Rinse/Gargle - 200ml

Sanderson's Throat Specific Mixture Rinse/Gargle - 200ml

RRP: £34.99
Price: £17.495
£17.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Even respected pharmacy companies such as Weldricks refer to “symptomatuc refief” rather than “symptomatic relief”. In view of the potential for squill to interact with other medicines administered concurrently, the product should not be taken with digoxin or any medicine for a heart condition.

throat problems Panic over “symptomatuc refief” for throat problems

But if I had trained as an actor or singer rather than a pharmacist, perhaps I, too, would now be panicking about the product’s current supply problems.

The main ingredient of Sanderson’s is acetic acid (the basic element of vinegar), at a concentration of 37. For symptomatic relief of sore throat, hoarseness, loss of voice and catarrh, and as a preventative gargle when these symptoms begin to appear or are expected to appear. If symptoms of sore throat, hoarseness, loss of voice or catarrh are expected to appear, gargle well with 10 ml (two 5 ml spoonfuls) in twice the amount of water in the morning before breakfast and last thing at night. If symptoms of sore throat, hoarseness, loss of voice or cattarrh are expected to appear, garglewith 10 ml (2 x 5 ml spoonfuls) in 20 ml of water,then spit out, in the morning before breakfast, andlast thing at night. Sanderson's Mixture is a pale brown clear liquid with an aromatic odour, available in bottles of100 ml and 200 ml.

Sandersons Throat Specific Mixture - Leaflet Sandersons Throat Specific Mixture - Leaflet

Consult your doctor or pharmacist before using this medicine if you are pregnant, planning tobecome pregnant or are breast-feeding. I was so scarred by the incident that, as a youngster, I never again admitted to having a sore throat. Decades later, I am still traumatised by the experience, which involved a burning sensation in my throat followed by extremely unpleasant bitter and sour tastes. It containscapsicum tincture, acetic acid and extracts of squilland quassia wood, and helps to relieve or preventthe symptoms of sore throat, hoarseness, loss ofvoice and catarrh. Thorpe Laboratories Ltd, Enterprise Road, Golf Road Industrial Estate, Mablethorpe, Lincolnshire,LN12 1NB, UK.Contains alcohol and should be avoided in patients taking other medicines known to interact with alcohol (e. Apparently, a hacking cough has recently been sweeping the entertainment world, creating a soaring demand for Sanderson’s —just as one of its key ingredients has developed supply problems.

SANDERSONS THROAT SPECIFIC MIXTURE - summary of medicine - Patient info SANDERSONS THROAT SPECIFIC MIXTURE - summary of medicine -

Sanderson's Mixture contains alcohol, but the amount is unlikely to cause drowsiness or affectyour ability to drive and use machines.Although aimed mainly at theatrical performers, Sanderson’s Throat Specific Mixture has attracted a reputation beyond the world of entertainment — at least in Mr Sanderson’s Manchester, where I was raised.

SANDERSON’S throat specific mixture 200ml – National Health Pharmacy SANDERSON’S throat specific mixture 200ml – National Health

Always use this medicine exactly as described in this leaflet or as your doctor or pharmacist has toldyou. When I developed a sore throat as a young child my father persuaded me to gargle with the concoction. A report published in the national press in January suggests that panic is spreading through theatreland because of a shortage of Sanderson’s Throat Specific Mixture, a product that has been popular with actors, singers and other performers for a century and a half.At this strength, acetic acid is mildly antiseptic, with broad spectrum activity against streptococci, staphylococci, pseudomonas, enterococci, etc. Capsicum has long been used in gargles for throat irritation or infection, although it seems that it has never been evaluated comprehensively for effectiveness or safety.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop