Journeys Out of the Body: The Classic Work on Out-Of-Body Experience (Journeys Trilogy)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

Journeys Out of the Body: The Classic Work on Out-Of-Body Experience (Journeys Trilogy)

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

We can formally define an OOBE as an event in which the experiencer (1) seems to perceive some portion of some environment which could not possibly be perceived from where his physical body is known to be at the time; and (2) knows at the time that he is not dreaming or fantasizing. And, because there is so much information in this one book, much may have been forgotten from before. Robert Monroe's first book was published at a time when the phenomenon of out of body (OOB) travel, or astral projection, was not widely understood or discussed in western industrialised society.

It is an immensity whose bounds are unknown …, and has depth and dimension incomprehensible to the finite conscious mind. Eadie had a prolonged NDE which she recounts in her bestselling book Embraced by the Light, published in 1992. His out of body experiences started spontaneously in the 50's, scared and confused at first, he thought he was possibly loosing the plot. In a much more dense day and age with intensely charged magnetic fields, radio frequencies, wifi, Bluetooth etc. Apart from the books, of which this is the classic, (Robert Monroe's) legacy is the Monroe Institute.Monroe drew some extraordinary conclusions from what he thought of as his prescient dreams/experiences. If you are deep into the subject matter and have familiarity with Bob Monroe’s audio materials you may find this book a great read.

The only problem with that, as I have found from talking to many such people, is that he may worry about whether he’s going crazy. Somehow that feels better than telling to myself that he is full of shit, just because some scientists said that OBEs are not possible. Ultimately, Journeys Out of the Body left me with more questions than answers, but, for the most part, I enjoyed the ride. By using the Web site, you confirm that you have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by the Terms and Conditions. A persuasive and thought-provoking account of one man's experiences and experiments with traveling outside his own body.I picked up this book on a whim, curious as to what the approach would be - mainly a fantastical re-telling or an interesting personal account? Today, as far as I'm aware, we don't have many books such as this one, because, what Robert Monroe did was very unique. I found myself captivated from cover to cover and with an intense growing desire to conduct similar experiments myself.

It can be a little tedious at times, as Monroe meticulously applies the scientific method to his every experiment. I realized it must have been some sort of unbelievable coincidence, but still I was absolutely stunned.

In 1994 his third book, "Ultimate Journey" was released, exploring basic truths about the meaning and purpose of life and what lies beyond the limits of our physical world. Perhaps that is why some of the other authors' books lack specific details, maybe they assume people have started with Robert Monroe's books. His description of the way out of body experiences began occurring to him, his initial reactions and perceptions etc. The third book, also about another decade later, cycles back and incidents referred to here in this first book are viewed differently, and mysteries are revealed. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop