A is for Alibi: A Kinsey Millhone Mystery (Kinsey Millhone Alphabet series Book 1)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

A is for Alibi: A Kinsey Millhone Mystery (Kinsey Millhone Alphabet series Book 1)

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Grafton has created a woman we feel we know, a tough cookie with a soft center, a gregarious loner...smart, well paced, and very funny."

Why wait this long? You could have initiated an investigation from prison and maybe saved yourself some time." Access-restricted-item true Addeddate 2010-03-17 19:44:21 Boxid IA115205 Camera Canon EOS 5D Mark II City Toronto Donor Richards, Linda L. (1997). " "G" Is for Grafton: Sue Grafton's Murderous Moments". January Magazine . Retrieved February 8, 2007.Shanklin, Sherlene (December 29, 2017). "Hometown Hero, local author Sue Grafton dies at 77". WHAS-TV. Archived from the original on December 29, 2017 . Retrieved December 30, 2017. The first book in the Kinsey Millhone series. Though I love the series, the first book did have some issues. I think at times the book's flow got a bit rough. And the characters are not very developed yet. Grafton gives a short description of Kinsey. It takes a lot of books to find out about her last, how she came to live with her aunt, and her past marriages. Getting the build up to all of that is wonderful though.

urn:oclc:505877781 Scandate 20100407193735 Scanner scribe2.sanfrancisco.archive.org Scanningcenter sanfrancisco Source A+E Studios announced this week that it had acquired rights to Grafton’s alphabet series, with such titles as A Is for Alibi and E Is for Evidence. Grafton completed 25 Millhone books, through Y Is for Yesterday, but died in 2017 before she could write a story for Z. A is for Alibi had been published in 1982. Grafton had written seven books before that, but had destroyed the manuscripts of the five that were not published. Alibi’s success meant she gave up writing for the screen. Kim, Victoria (December 30, 2017). "Famed mystery writer Sue Grafton loses battle against cancer". Los Angeles Times . Retrieved April 6, 2018. I had thought her eyes were dark but I could see now that they were a metallic gray. Her look was level, flattened-out, as though some interior light were growing dim. She seemed to be a lady without much hope. I had never believed she was guilty myself but I couldn't remember what had made me so sure. She seemed passionless and I couldn't imagine her caring enough about anything to kill.Lccn 81007128 Ocr ABBYY FineReader 8.0 Ocr_converted abbyy-to-hocr 1.1.20 Ocr_module_version 0.0.16 Openlibrary_edition a b Brantingham, Barney (July 1, 2008). "W Is for Writers Conference; Sue Grafton Is Kinsey Millhone". Santa Barbara Independent. Archived from the original on September 18, 2012 . Retrieved August 2, 2011. Grafton was named a Grand Master by the Mystery Writers of America and received the Lifetime Achievement Award from the Private Eye Writers of America, the Ross Macdonald Literary Award, three Shamus Awards, and many other honors and awards. The interior was done with polished uneven red-tile flooring, mirrors floor to ceiling, and panels of raw gray wood, hung here and there with clusters of dried corn.”

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop