Never Finished: Unshackle Your Mind and Win the War Within

Never Finished: Unshackle Your Mind and Win the War Within

RRP: £19.64
Price: £9.82
£9.82 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I instantly know this is a book I will read again, and again—and that is a truly rare thing to find. Thank you David Goggins for being willing and able to share your life and put so much effort into its final format. #NeverFinished The rewards I seek are internal, and if you have that mindset, you will find opportunities for growth everywhere” (Pg. 171) When demons are chasing you and challenges are hitting you, if you feel like you can’t handle them, you have to invent someone who can.” Exercise and running in particular is an under-utilised tool for steel plating your mind. I'm a marathon runner myself and until you cover that distance you will never understand the kind of mental beast you need to become to do that. There's pulled muscles, sore joints, a burning chest and an overwhelming desire to quit but you just keep going until you finish the mission. That experience evolves you into a mental savage that can overcome anything in life. I will forever respect this man and take in all content he is willing to put out. He has an energy that is palpable just from words on paper and even deeper in an audiobook format.

Dislikes: Very similar to his first book (which I preferred), many aspects to his mindset are not relatable, repetitive, difficult listening at times as he seems to be an individual who enjoys punishing himself rather through working with and through his issues.I highly recommend getting both the physical and Audible version of the book because as David Goggins did with his first book, the Audible comes with podcast bites at the end of each chapter and those are golden. David Goggins had his mother feature in the recordings where there was a conversation at the end of one of the chapters and that was one of the most heartbreaking yet enlightening and inspiring conversations I’ve ever heard whilst listening to an Audible book. I hope it’s released on YouTube one day so it can reach a large audience as that conversation alone could help millions of people heal. David Goggins is determined, ambitious, and his motivation is contagious. His story is nothing short of inspiring. At first, however, I didn't really get the purpose of this book. It basically follows this structure: Goal -> Achievement -> Goal -> Life-threatening medical issue -> Goal -> Achievement -> Goal, etc. It seems like it's just David telling the reader how tough he is, which is still incredibly inspiring, because I can't help but think that if this bad-ass mf is running 240 miles, then maybe I can run a 1ok... Remember, the struggle is the whole journey. That’s why you’re out there. It’s why you signed up for this race or that class, or took the damn job. There is great beauty when you are involved in something that is so hard most people want it to end.” (Pg. 101)

I’d learned long ago that no matter what type of event or challenge I engage in, the only competition that ever matters is me against me.” It might be a good read for someone with a big goal, such as running their first marathon, to get you psyched up. But, it was so over-the-top that I couldn't take it seriously. In fact, I started to enjoy it more when I read it as a satire, which I know is not its intention. Aside from this book being a never ending bible of quotable one liners strong enough to give a fish the courage to climb a tree, it was a beautiful story. David Goggins continues to push the upper limit of what was before seemingly impossible and use his experience to inspire. When you are always in the grind, you think there will come a time when the tough road, blitzed with potholes and littered with blown tires, will smooth out, but that is never the case.David Goggins is a badass! A word I personally feel is too frequently and too casual offered as a descriptor but incredibly fitting here, talking about him. ⁣ I don't know why, but, as of late, this hasn't been obvious to me. The permanent quest for balance (university - friends - physical health) that we are so often told to relish made me worry too much about the zero-sum juggling between things that I think are important in my life. I neglected the possibility of increasing the pie and improving on all fronts. Pushing myself is the only way to achieve that. This is not my goal, nor most people's goals. I question anyone who is this obsessed with badassery at the expense of everything else in life. Recommend For: Instead of this book, I would recommend ‘Can’t Hurt Me’ which is the first book written by the same author. ‘CHM’ explores how each of us have untapped potential which we haven’t explored; while I found Never Finished more aggressive and negative as a whole.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop