Worcester MT10 Replacement Mechanical Timer for Cdi, Si, and Junior Boilers

Worcester MT10 Replacement Mechanical Timer for Cdi, Si, and Junior Boilers

RRP: £246.99
Price: £123.495
£123.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I have been carrying out boiler replacements and repairs for over ten years and replacing an MT10 timer is very basic. Bear in mind, after a reset many boilers will revert to 12-midnight. So, make sure you use the manual and change the time. Otherwise, your boiler will be coming on at extremely random times! How to Set a Boiler Timer If you are concerned that resetting your boiler is a difficult task, you shouldn’t be worried about that as it is something you can do. With that in mind, we have chosen to highlight several ways you can reset your boiler timer, depending on the type of timer your boiler has. Let’s begin Digital timers A standard boiler requires a hot water cylinder to store heated water, which differs from traditional boilers that do not require cold-water storage tanks. Old age As the Hive you can over ride the on or over ride the off, however I would assume you want it to be temporary? I have two thermostats wired in parallel and one is programmable so if cold I over ride the programmable thermostat knowing at next timed change it will revert to program, I assume you want same?

I don't really like Worcester or Hive, Worcester will not allow you to use third party analogue thermostats like Nest and Hive is a simple off/on switch with no link to TRV's. If there’s a fault with the thermostat, it might not communicate with the boiler, or tell it to come on. Call a professional to come and help you fix the problem. If your boiler isn’t over 10 years old, replacing the timer will probably be the most cost effective option. There are a tonne of heating engineers that can help you here.If the boiler timer isn’t working for some reason, you might want to reset the boiler itself. This process is known as a soft reset. You will need to locate the power switch on the boiler and then switch the boiler off. The thermostat also has advanced features such as frost protection, which prevents pipes from freezing during colder weather, and holiday mode, which allows users to set a lower temperature while they are away from home to conserve energy. Replacing the MT10 timer (or MT10rf) on a Worcester boiler is very simple once you have removed the boiler casing. You can do this by locating the switch that controls the power to your boiler. Once you locate it, remove the fuse using an electric screwdriver and switch it with a new one. This process should provide power to your modern boiler. There was a power cut that caused your boiler to reset Different homes use more or less hot water on some days than others, and a boiler timer provides the flexibility required to meet the demands.

In the main Worcester boilers use Wave not Hive, so it would depend how the Hive was installed. Hive is a simple off/on switch it is not analogue like Wave, and it could connect direct to boiler, or it could connect to a motorised valve which in turn connects to boiler. Bear in mind that this procedure, as well as the configuration of the timer pins, may vary depending on the boiler timer model (but not by much). How to Set a Digital Boiler TimerHowever it seems many Worcester Bosch boiler require you to open the gas sealed bits to gain access to wiring, so not sure how you would change what does what without going into gas sealed bits? This is a pretty obvious one, but make sure you have not turned down the heating instead of the hot water (or vice versa). Here’s what you do if you want to set up an automatic programme on your mechanical, or analogue, boiler timer dial. This could explain any intermittent problems you are having with the boiler (i.e. it comes on at random times). Power On this model (Greenstar 28i Junior) there were two screws on the top and two screws on the bottom that needed to be loosened or removed with a screwdriver. Removing Worcester boiler casing

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop