Mina and the Undead

Mina and the Undead

RRP: £7.99
Price: £3.995
£3.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Crafted in a way that weaves those famous vampire tales of New Orleans and its history into a compelling murder mystery style story, you will not want to miss this. If you’re a fan of vampire tales, sink your teeth into Mina and the Undead and enjoy a thrilling tale of murder, obsession, and romance. I live for that kind of story, as it takes me back to a time when life was simple, hair was big and vampires were real.

A perfectly executed eerie YA Gothic Horror with twists and turns aplenty and bursting with 90s references to fully lure you into New Orleans Fang Fest 1995!If there is a weak link, it is the murder mystery element, which was incredibly effective at building up tension and offering up red herrings to throw the reader off the trail, but the final act doesn’t offer up any major surprises and ends up being rather obvious. What promises to be a fun visit and a chance for the two to reconnect soon devolves into a murder mystery with a decidedly supernatural bent. From the eery silence and smell of ancient dirt of the St Louis Cemetery, to the gentle Jazz music and acrid tang of alcohol on Bourbon Street, you are so completely immersed in this story that it all comes to life right before your eyes.

Mina goes to stay with her Sister in New Orleans for the summer, and tries to get a job at the famous haunted mansion. Libby and Mina are very alike, but both react to the events of the book in very different ways, Libby closing up and becoming increasingly unwilling to engage in confrontation, whereas Mina is far more open to talking things out and being proactive. For instance, one of the villains is a character we met only once before for two sentences who isn't even given any motivation for their crimes. I was sent a proof copy and I'll be honest, at first I was unsure how I was going to get on with it as it's not my usual genre but oh my goodness, as soon as I started it, I was hooked!

This is a vampire novel, set in New Orleans in 1995, leaving me utterly nostalgic for days of a young teen reading Point Horror. But the perfect summer bliss is broken when, while exploring the mansion, Mina stumbles upon the body of a girl with puncture marks on her neck. Shortly after arriving in New Orleans, 17-year old, Mina, can already tell it will be a summer she'll never forget. Your selection was perfect for our children and what really made the difference was your ability to engage with each child, discuss their interests and help them to choose a suitable book based on your extensive knowledge of the books you were selling.

I was at my last school for 4 years and we had ********* book fairs every term – and every term, I was disappointed by the narrow range of books. My obsession only became stronger as time went on with Bela Lugosi, David from The Lost Boys, and the list goes on. Yesterday a parent came over to tell me how impressed she was by the book fair and that you did a fabulous job of selling the books to the children first. Filled with 90s pop culture and wickedly dark vampire lore, and set in a New Orleans vampire festival, this was an absolute blast! I haven't charted out my visits for the summer term, but I'm sure there are several in the south) and thanks so much for being so fantastic!Set in New Orleans, home of Anne Rice's famous vampires, with two sisters who hail from Whitby, the unofficial home of Dracula, I'd be lying if I said this didn't make me want to keep reading. She can't wait to explore the city's darkest secrets - vampire tours, seedy bars, spooky cemeteries, disturbing local myths. After their mother abandoned them, Mina and Libby went to live with their Aunt, who remained emotionally distant from the girls. This is a delicious and gruesome tale of the macabre, that is packed full of 1990’s pop culture details and is bound to appeal to fans of horror. Mina is hoping that this summer with give the two of them a chance to talk about everything that's happened and repair their relationship.

But when a body is discovered in the Mansion of the Macabre where Libby is working holding a lock of hair suspiciously like Libby’s and marks on her neck the question is who or what has made those marks?They would also only drop off a case of books and leave us to run it – it was so lovely to have you on hand to chat to the children and recommend them books, as well as the small (but appreciated!

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop