A Dying Fall: A Mystery: 5 (Ruth Galloway Mysteries)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

When she arrives in Lancashire, Ruth discovers that the bones reveal a shocking fact about King Arthur--and that the bones have mysteriously vanished.

She is not able to keep the voices consistent with the associated characters and her idea of the local accents is just insulting. With the setting changing to the north in Blackpool, where Nelson was raised, there are several new characters in this book.I’m eager to get to know her as she grows and matures and becomes even more verbal and able to express herself.

Ruth is most definitely in love with Harry Nelson (frankly, I don’t blame her, there’s something darkly handsome and compelling about him), but their relationship is antagonistic, with moments of shared tenderness over their daughter. Yes I have listened to many of her performances and she is definitely one of my favourite narrators.I appreciated the different setting: Blackpool sees Ruth consulting on recent find by her old college chum (now dead in a mysterious fire.

As it turns out, the closest substitute for a building falling down is the popping of a popcorn machine. As for Nelson, he genuinely loves his wife, who’s perfect in every way, but he finds Ruth interesting … so, I’m keen on seeing how Griffiths develops this. She's constantly wrong-footing herself with him and, while she does it for all the right reasons, it inevitably backfires on her. With Ruth's and Kate's lives increasingly in danger, Nelson becomes involved in a police investigation into Dan Golding's death conducted by his hometown police friend.My entries are not book reviews but just my personal thoughts and opinions about what I'm reading at the moment. During Kate’s baptism Michelle discovered that the baby was Nelson’s, and she forbid Nelson from seeing Kate and Ruth again. If not for my Goodreads friend (artist) Laura telling me something that included future books, I might have thought something had happened that did not, though another true possibility would have also been in my mind. But someone is willing to kill to keep the bones a secret, and it is beginning to look as if no one is safe.

The main characters become more real with each book, but the setting here moves from Norfolk to Blackpool and Lytham with Ruh getting involved in what maybe the discovery of King Arthur's skeleton and the murder of an old friend. He meets his friend Sandy Macleod, now at Blackpool CID, who tells him there are mysterious circumstances surrounding Dan's death. Griffiths seamlessly weaves Ruth's personal life into the plot--a daunting task that many author's cannot do--without being distracting. And I have to say these are total Kathy books, with just the perfect balance of wit, interesting knowledge, great characters, a smidgen of romance.Unfortunately her friend, Dan, has died in a suspicious fire before Ruth receives the letter from him requesting her help. Who, but Nelson, would see plastic meats laid out in a kitchen display at a National Trust property and think of an autopsy? The school term at North Norwich University if ending for Ruth Galloway, who teaches archaeology, when she receives news of an old university school chum's death in a tragic house fire in Lancashire. Using a combination of digital sound effects libraries, test-tones and objects of his own creation, Abu Hamdan has sought to glean information on the prison through interviews with its survivors, interviews in which he delves into their memories of Saydnaya’s sounds.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop