Orchard Toys Post Box Game, A Fun Posting and Matching Game & Dress Up Nelly Educational Kids Games

£9.9
FREE Shipping

Orchard Toys Post Box Game, A Fun Posting and Matching Game & Dress Up Nelly Educational Kids Games

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Great for developing fine motor skills, this game can also be used by younger children for role play as well as a durable educational game when they become a little older. You could also use envelopes to make the game for challenging for more experienced readers. For example you could label the envelopes: All you really need to make the letters and words to post are scraps of paper and a pen. However, if you want to make a more permanent game you can use printed words and a laminator. Items that are not available in store will take 3-5 working days to be delivered to your nominated store.

Post Box | Early Learning Centre Early Learning Centre Wooden Post Box | Early Learning Centre

Prepositions. This is great for teaching in for those younger children. It can also be used to teach in front and behind (the cards fall behind the mailbox). I will ask where a certain card and have the children answer. A version of this is to hide the letters in various places in your therapy room. Either tell the children where they could find a letter or have the children tell you where they found the letter. Orchard Toys create a wonderful range of educational games and jigsaws and their motto "learning made fun" is at the heart of what they do. Their range is bright and fun and loved by children, parents and teachers alike. There are lots of great activities that can encourage your little one to become familiar with other everyday activities, such as hanging up the laundry together or playing the name game when out and about. Set contains: 1x post box, 6x envelopes, 6x letters, 6x stamps, 2x dice (animal and number) and 1x instruction leaflet This Wooden Post Box helps children discover the world around them and by posting and retrieving letters, children can develop problem solving skills.You could ask your little one what they'd like to post. Perhaps you could start with traditional things like letters, cards, or paper and then move on to other objects.

Post Box Reading Skills Game – with free printables Post Box Reading Skills Game – with free printables

Try to get your child to give as much detail as possible about the objects they are posting. For example, what is its name? Is it big or small? If they don't know these words yet, don't worry! Simply start introducing them, for example 'Look at this small ball.' The obvious sound to target is “L” by saying letter. I frequently incorporate the possessive noun activities into therapy which is great if you are working with mixed group. I will also take smaller artic cards I have and use removable glue dots to put them on the letter. Then have the child choose a card and then say the word. As well sometimes I will just have the children put artic cards in the mailboxes.

Multibuys

Furniture, large play equipment, heavy items etc or items marked with **may incur an additional delivery charge to Northern Ireland, Isle of Wight, Offshore Islands and some parts of Scotland.

Online Scout Manager (OSM): Posting box wide game Online Scout Manager (OSM): Posting box wide game

Both my children loved this game. They are still asking to play it regularly despite the weather improving. The game is appealing for a wide age range – I would say children aged 2-10. With younger children, you could start with using pictures to show the phonics sounds. Once you've got your postbox finished, you can choose any safe, small objects that will fit through the slot - and not break!The Post Box Reading Skills Game is also really easy to make. I made our box a little more ‘official’ looking by crafting a Post Box and laminating letters – but all you really need is a pen, paper and a box with a slit cut for posting! The other great thing about this game is that it can be adapted to suit any age or ability, playing together, and you can use it to teach other skills and knowledge just as easily. With younger children you can print pictures and ask them to find things, rather than asking them to read or identify themselves. This would also work as a Maths Skills Game, or a Geography Skills Game – or pretty much whatever you can think of! There are ways that you can vary the game or make it more complex. For example you could use coloured envelopes for each child. They then get to put their cards in envelopes before posting. This means you can make a fun game out of counting how many of each colour are inside the box at the end (Maths skills too).

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop