Corrupt: 1 (Devil's Night)

Corrupt: 1 (Devil's Night)

RRP: £16.33
Price: £8.165
£8.165 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Mr. Johnson is her guidance counselor, kind and supportive in helping Penelope with her difficult family situation.

The opportunity is too good to be true, as well as the timing. Because you see, three years ago she put a few of my high school friends in prison, and now they’re out. But Michael Cristknows the hold he has on Rika, how much she fears him. She looks down when he enters the room and stills when he’s close. He knows she thinks only of him. When Michael’s brother leaves for the military, leaving Rika alone and unprotected, he knows the opportunity is too good to be true. In addition, the characters have relationships with other people in their lives, such as family members, friends, and colleagues. This further develops the plot and explores the motivations of the characters. The emotional impact of the story is also palpable, as the characters deal with the highs and lows of their relationships. Suspense and intrigue also keep the reader engaged as the story progresses to an unexpected conclusion. He wasn’t looking for me, because he knew I wasn’t running. The only running I’d ever done was toward him, not away from him. I saw him. I heard him. The things that he did, and the deeds that he hid... For years, I bit my nails, unable to look away.No one behaves the way these people do. Seriously. No one. Can we just have some sensical character development, please? Here’s my best example of crazy town. Once everyone but Damon realizes that Rika is NOT the reason three of the four horsemen ended up in the clink, Michael and Erika settle into the relationship we’re all supposed to be rooting for. They start to make out in a steam room, only to discover that Kai is also in the steam room. So, what’s a girl to do? One of the most compelling aspects of Penelope Douglass Corrupt Book is its exploration of the history of corruption in government. Through the novel, readers are provided an objective look at how government officials have used their power to their own benefit and the impact that this has had on society. To protect themselves, the Horsemen pin the blame on Michael’s younger brother, Trevor. Trevor takes the fall for the crime, and his life is ruined in the process. Believing that Rika is responsible for Trevor’s demise, the Horsemen secretly vow to seek revenge on her. One night, a year before the main events of the story, Rika gets involved in a dangerous prank when she is invited to a party at Michael Crist’s house. She is unaware that the Horsemen have planned an elaborate and dangerous prank that involves breaking into a rival school’s gym and sabotaging it. The prank spirals out of control when the Horsemen encounter a homeless man living in the gym. The situation escalates, resulting in the man’s accidental death. Rika, horrified by the events, attempts to call for help, but the Horsemen prevent her from doing so.

Abbey reclaims her power and her voice, which leads to the liberation of others. Justice is achievable through solidarity and collective action, and each individual has the potential to make a change if they are willing to take a stand. My boyfriend’s older brother is like that scary movie that you peek through your hand to watch. He is handsome, strong, and completely terrifying. The star of his college’s basketball team and now gone pro, he’s more concerned with the dirt on his shoe than me.

My boyfriend's older brother is like that scary movie that you peek through your hand to watch. He's handsome, strong, and completely terrifying. The star of his college's basketball team and now gone pro, he's more concerned with the dirt on his shoe than me. The opportunity is too good to be true as well as the timing. Because you see, three years ago she put a few of my high school friends in prison, and now they’re out.

The two characters are fantastic. For instance, there is Fallon, a loner seeking retribution for all the wrong things that were committed against her. She is tough and a tender-hearted young woman who gave her love as well as body to a man who has managed to remain deeply ingrained in both her heart and soul. Imagine how heartbreaking it could be finding out that the person whom you cared and loved the most could deceive and break your heart into a million pieces? This is what Fallon feels and the main reason why she seeks revenge. However, the question is, was all that she was meant to believing true or just mere fabrications? Abbey’s journey illuminates the fact that, even when we feel powerless, we all have the power to create positive change.Particular attention is deserved by Penelope Douglas’ novel Corrupt. It is a thrilling story that follows the lives of four young adults as they navigate the dark and twisted world of the corrupt. The plot follows Jaxon and Bethany, a forbidden couple from different worlds, as they are thrust into the world of corrupt police officers, drug dealers, and criminals. The two must choose between their morality and safety as they try to survive in a world of lies and deceit.

Brad, a former lover of Saddie’s, serves as the novel’s antagonist, aiming to sabotage her relationship with Jaxon. Other significant characters include Mrs. Clarkson, Jaxon’s assistant, and Tessa, who works for Jaxon’s company. I let my head fall as I tried to take in air, but I couldn’t stop my chest from damn near convulsing. All I could get were short breaths. Finally, the book concludes with a discussion of the future of corruption and the potential for reform. In all, Penelope Douglass Corrupt Book is an engaging and informative read that provides an in-depth look at the history and effects of corruption. Penelope Douglas is the USA Today and New York Times bestselling American writer of the Fall Away series. She is a teacher and a writer based in Las Vegas. Born in Dubuque, Lowa Penelope is the oldest of five children, graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Public Administration from the University of Northern Lowa. She then went ahead to pursue a Master’s degree specializing in Education at Loyola University in New Orleans. Penelope is married and has a daughter named Aydan. When she is not writing, you will find Penelope touring old ships and road-tripping. The complexity of these themes and the unique ways in which Penelope Douglas has woven them into the plot create an engaging and thought-provoking read. Through Corrupt, readers can enter a world where these themes intertwine and explore the powerful emotions that accompany them.

Mrs. Douglas is Penelope’s mother, strong and ambitious, determined to give her daughter the best life possible. Rival is the second novel in Fall Away series by Penelope Douglas. Even though a second installment, the story can be read as a standalone, the only challenge is that the characters from the previous (first book in the series) play a vital in this book. The story introduces two star-crossed lovers, Madoc and Fallon fighting against the secrets and the pains of the past. Their connection to each other is strong, and their obsession with each other does not end but instead gets stronger each day. They both need each other but will the hate, games, dark pasts, and family connection stop a love that was destined to flourish or will they have to fight for their love beyond themselves? The Crist family home in the distance, the only glow through the rain and cloud cover, stood as a threat and a punishment that I was putting off. The characters in the novel are complex and layered, their struggles and triumphs inspiring and uplifting. Corrupt is an engaging and thought-provoking novel that not only explores the power of friendship, but also encourages readers to think critically about their decisions and to take a stance. Neither Penelope Douglas’ Corrupt nor its characters are the typical heroes and villains of your average novel. Instead, the author uses a variety of literary devices to explore themes of power, justice, and morality. Symbolism is a key tool of the author to represent different ideas, from money as a symbol of power to color as a symbol of the two sides of conflict between the city and its inhabitants.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop