Lords of Chaos: The Bloody Rise of the Satanic Metal Underground

Lords of Chaos: The Bloody Rise of the Satanic Metal Underground

RRP: £28.63
Price: £14.315
£14.315 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Filth claims the existence of a "Satanic Gestapo", when he recounts an incident where he was apparently attacked on stage with a knife (which he states may have been a prop) during a concert in Germany. Moynihan identifies his background as entirely Northern European: Irish, English, Welsh, and German. The book's own title refers to a totally irrelevant band of American teenagers who committed unspeakable

Placed next to the book, ominously, was a wine glass that looked like a skull, and which often seemed to contain some mysterious red liquid. Pretend I'm Sting trying to satisfy an audience who only came to hear The Police hits when he wants to push his new album. With those words Lords of Chaos establishes itself immediately as a work of sensationalist media, however entertaining or informative it may otherwise be.An unusual combination of true crime journalism, rock and roll reporting and underground obsessiveness, Lord of Chaos turns into one of the more fascinating reads in a long time. It's incredibly fascinating, or it was to me, even though the actions and beliefs, not to mention the revisionist history of Varg Vikernes, Hendrik Mobus and the rest seem incredibly misguided and pitiful. It says a lot about this book and movie with the same title when the bands mentioned within wouldn’t allow them to use their music for the movie. I have to believe there were some chunks in the middle that could have been edited down -- maybe some of the gratuitous scene gossip, or the on-again, off-again editorialization by the authors. If you don’t know the story/stories, it’s a good primer, although much of the supplementary information I would warn to take with a grain of salt, which I’ll get to in a bit.

I recently heard this questioned; apparently some of the interviewees have claimed they were misquoted, which amounts to nothing more than a rumor, but seeing the lack of precision with which these interviews are documented here, I find it at least possible (although bearing in mind the types of people involved and the soap opera that is the black metal scene, I also consider it possible that this is a form of “sour grapes” over the book’s success). It's a black metal history that turns into a true crime novel and finally morphs into a sociological treatise on Theistic Satanism and Nationalism. It is also important to note that he didn't go to the halfway house until after he had served half of his sentence. org Vikernes has said he would not use the term " Nazi" any longer as self-descriptor; however, the statement is ambiguous. Reviews of Lords of Chaos have been mixed, with several critics praising the book for offering an informative or at least interesting view on a relatively obscure subculture, and the book won the 1998 Firecracker Alternative Press Award.

This both intelligent and accessible book will definitely serve as the textbook on the black metal scene for years to come. After the split, Moynihan disassociated himself with Rice and was no longer involved with the Abraxas Foundation. When his bandmate Dead (my favorite person in the whole story because he demonstrated a sense of humor once.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop