Cold Justice: The Sunday Times bestselling thriller (Mallory)

£10
FREE Shipping

RRP: £20.00
Price: £10
£10 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Perhaps it’s redemption, perhaps he’s looking for revenge on the world, but suddenly Mallory has a purpose, and nothing and no one is going to stand in his way. What follows is sequence of exciting twists and turns with Mallory travelling to SA to look for Scott and ending up being chased by a group of ex military men on a mission.

As Mallory heads to South Africa, I got an blow by blow insight into his past traumas as the story jumped between timelines all held together by one man in a coma. Mallory’s loyalty to this man knows no bounds, putting his life on the line to find Donno’s brother up against some seriously dangerous people with unlimited reach and resources. Will Mallory find Scott? Will Donno wake up? I needed answers to both questions !!! I started this book without any expectations but was pleasantly surprised by the beginning: I liked Mallory a lot more than I expected to like a thriller hero. Mallory is the kind of man that is so sure of his capabilities and masculinity that doesn't need to put others down and that is sadly unusual in a lot of thrillers. "Cold Justice" features not only a diverse cast of characters but several female characters that are interesting and dangerous on their own without being sexualized.Whilst visiting Donno in hospital Mallory meets his mother Susan Nel. Who tells Mallory that her other son Scott who lives in SA is missing. She asks Mallory to find him for her. It’s here: the landmark debut thriller from superstar Ant Middleton, million-selling, number one Sunday Times author of First Man In and Mental Fitness and star of SAS: Who Dares Wins. Beyond the screen, Ant mesmerises audiences across the UK and Australia with his electrifying live show, 'Mind Over Muscle.' This captivating performance delves into Ant's remarkable life in the military, his unique training techniques, and the invaluable experiences that have equipped him to conquer any obstacle life throws his way. Meet Mallory, ex Special Forces soldier, a man with baggage and a temper. He’s seen a lot in his time in the forces and believe you me, it’s traumatic. But now he’s looking for a missing man and the local police aren’t the most helpful… missing adult men don’t seem to be treated as a concern.

In this book, the main character is Mallory, his best friend Donno, is in hospital in a Coma, after they were in the special forces together and Mallory made a mistake, meaning Donno ended up this way. This is something Mallory deeply regrets and he visits him in hospital every month. One time when he is visiting, Donno's mum approaches Mallory and she tells him that she is worried about the safety of her son, not Donno, her other son Scott. She hasn't seen him for 17 days and she is concerned and wants Mallory to help. Reluctantly, as he has never done anything like this before, he agrees to try and help her find him. Joining the armed forces at the tender age of 16, Ant swiftly rose through the ranks, showcasing exceptional skills and determination. He excelled as a point man/lead scout, primary fires operator, and sniper, ultimately achieving the coveted position in the Special Forces Selection—an extraordinary accomplishment known as the 'Holy Trinity' of the UK's Elite Forces.Ant's name has become synonymous with his role as Chief Instructor on the adrenaline-fueled TV sensation SAS: Who Dares Wins. Taking his expertise global, he ventured to help establish SAS Australia, spreading his passion for resilience and mental fortitude far and wide. Ant's insatiable appetite for adventure has seen him at the forefront of numerous hit shows, from the captivating re-enactment of Captain William Bligh's infamous 'Mutiny on the Bounty' in 'Mutiny,' to the heart-pounding survivalist program 'Escape,' where skilled engineers are placed in precarious situations, relying on their expertise to escape and find safety. In 2019, Ant conquered one of humanity's greatest challenges, scaling the majestic Mount Everest in the gripping series 'Extreme Everest,' even amidst an unforeseen and life-threatening storm, allowing him to explore the allure and dangers of this iconic feat. I wasn't disappointed. The hero of the story, Mallory, ex special forces, is employed to travel to South Africa, to discover the whereabouts of the brother of his comatose army friend who has disappeared. His army training comes in very useful when he gets embroiled in the murky underworld of some wealthy and very dangerous criminals. Chris Ryan, Andy McNab, Bear Grylls, are the most recognisable former SAS who've turned fiction writers. Joining them is Ant Middleton best known for channel 4’s SAS: Who Dares Wins. Mallory comes across a mother in need. A mum who’s son served with Mallory, he flies across the globe to help her other son who is dire need of help.

SYNOPSIS: Mallory, a former member of the special forces, is burnt out. After a mission to grab a High Value Target (hvt) goes wrong, Mallory consumed by guilt, is drifting through life with no purpose. He spends his time visiting a brother in arms who was injured in the aforementioned mission. While visiting at the hospital, Mallory is approached by the fellow soldiers mother. She wants Mallory to find her other son who has gone missing in South Africa. Can Mallory find redemption, a new purpose, were he will need every ounce of training, to rescue his friends brother, and get out alive. Welcome to the exhilarating world of Ant, a beloved figure renowned for his mastery of extreme adventure and his unwavering commitment to fostering a positive mindset. With a remarkable career in the UK's elite forces, including the Marines, 9 Parachute Squadron, and Special Boat Service, Ant's journey is nothing short of extraordinary. As he navigates his way through the tough streets of Joborg, the slippery swaps of Louisiana and home, he uncovers something that could change the future. After he starts investigating in Johannesburg, Mallory realises it is definitely something more than a drugs/gang thing or simple kidnapping. We follow Mallory across three continents as he races to discover the truth and save his friend's family. Cold Justice is Ant Middleton’s debut fiction novel which features a former special forces operator by the name of Mallory who is flooded by his own self guilt. He has anger issues and isn’t a guy to mess with.A frightening tale of struggling in extreme situations where only your wits and your military training can keep you safe. Was also pleased to see that Ant did not fall into the male author trap of over-sexualising the female characters (e.g. Graves, Ivy).

It is a game of cat and mouse, a chase to make the links between a code Donno and Scott's sadly now dead father hid and the unscrupulous people who want to use that code for their own gain. Who can Mallory trust? Will he find Scott? What will happen to Donno? And was their father's climbing accident really an accident? It's probably unfair to compare Lee Child, he's had years and many books to get Reacher that way. I truly hope Middleton can discover that element for his character. It's about time that we have a UK version of Reacher, Mallory can be, I want him to be, hopefully we get that as the character grows in the next book. I truly wish Middleton all the good fortune he deserves, to make it happen. In his wildly popular Sky One series, 'Straight Talking,' Ant embarks on thrilling road trips with renowned personalities such as Liam Payne and Rebel Wilson, delving beneath the surface to connect with his guests like never before, creating unforgettable and intimate journeys. This is not a genre I would normally read, however it was offered on pigeonhole, and the author is from my city, so I couldn't resist it.P.S. We finish this book without knowing Mallory's first name and I don't know if I think that is awesome or the ultimate drama queen move. Ant clearly used his experience for the action sequences which meant they were on the whole believable without being overly dramatic/far fetched. Cold Justice" is an extremely unsettling and exciting book not because of what happens in it but because of who the author is. Ant Middleton has been a staple of British television for a few years now but before that, he led an extremely successful career in some of the most elite military groups in the UK Armed Forces. He's pretty much what most men wish to be. Everything I knew about Ant though, I learnt from watching this Russel Howard interview which was enough to see that he put a lot of himself into Mallory's struggles after getting off duty. I really liked Mallory. He’s a reluctant investigator but he’s a damn good investigator. He doesnt like giving up, his tenacity is a credit to him. He gets the right balance of when to use his fists and when not to. And when he does, he’s someone you want on your side rather than your opponent. Undeterred by the trials he faced, Ant continued his relentless pursuit of conquering the world's toughest and most dangerous mountains. In 2022, he triumphantly summited the formidable K2, solidifying his reputation as a fearless explorer. Just like Mount Everest, the climb presented formidable challenges that pushed Ant's limits.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop