Grenade High Protein, Low Sugar Bar - Cookies and Cream, 12 x 60 g

Grenade High Protein, Low Sugar Bar - Cookies and Cream, 12 x 60 g

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Although strong, the banana flavour isn’t overwhelming and mixes well with the chocolate and the hint of salt from the caramel. This bar features a peanut butter flavoured base topped with a gooey strawberry layer and spindled with peanut pieces, then coated in milk chocolate. The crushed peanuts add an authentic peanut flavour and add a light crunch which does well not to disrupt the overall creaminess of the bar.

Tastewise, they’ve got it bang on. I tried the Chocolate Brownie Crunch flavour and I’m pleased to report there’s no bitter protein aftertaste lingering in your mouth and it actually resembles a regular chocolate bar. The inside is gooey, almost like cookie dough and the outer is topped in coated cereal. With the Carb Killas, Grenade have managed to produce a bar which genuinely tastes like a chocolate bar. I’m not even lying, it’s amazing.In 2015, Grenade launched their first Carb Killa bar (Caramel Chaos) and since then the range has kept on growing. Inside, it’s the same classic triple-layer bar we’ve come to know and love from Grenade. The base is soft and slightly chewy – a nice chocolate flavour with a hint of mint. There was a time, a dark time, when I was a PB&J hater. Thankfully, I’ve since recognised the error of my ways and have become a COMMITTED lover (peanut butter first, strawberry jam ALWAYS).

Taking a bite, the overwhelming flavour is strawberry and it’s actually very similar to a McDonald’s strawberry milkshake. It’s definitely an artificial flavour (think strawberries on steroids) but it’s by no means unpleasant. It’s a nice, chocolate-y bar but it’s interesting that Grenade decided to come out with this when their Fudge Brownie bar is such a classic. This flavour is chocolate on chocolate on chocolate – a fudge-y centre topped with a gooey layer of chocolate, topped again with chocolate chips and then encased in Grenade’s signature milk chocolate (aka a chocolate-lover’s dream).Each 60g bar has just 1g of sugar and comes in at 233 calories, but it is still absolutely full of that iconic Oreo flavour that makes it taste like a real treat. The white chocolate is the only difference to the OG Oreo bar. You still get the soft, crumbly core, authentic vanilla crème and real Oreo pieces, just now with a creamy white chocolate coating. The Oreo protein bars have a chocolatey nougat centre that’s loaded with genuine Oreo cocoa and a creme layer that’s flavoured with authentic Oreo vanilla for that classic Oreo cookie taste that both dabblers and die-hard fans will love. Carb Killa protein bars are manufactured using polyols. Polyols are calorie-reduced carbs, which contain around half the calories of sugar. Excessive consumption of polyols might cause gas or laxative effects in some people. For this reason, it is advised not to eat more than two of these protein bars per day. The centre is soft, fudgey and slightly chewy, just like the previous two bars but this time with a nice chocolate flavour. The caramel layer adds a richness and a hint of salt which mixes well with the chocolate coating to create an overall flavour that reminds of, well, a fudge brownie!

Overall this wouldn’t be my go-to flavour – the banana flavour is just too artificial. It gets a 5/10 primarily because of the great texture and macros we’ve come to expect from the Carb Killa range. Peanut Nutter – 8/10 Yes, Carb Killa® have gone through the Informed Sport testing process and are widely consumed by professional athletes and military personnel. It makes a nice change and it’s certainly better than the Chocolate Crunch the brand brought out a couple of years ago, but I’d go for the Fudge Brownie bar over this any day. Peanut Butter and Jelly – 9/10Thus, on seeing that Grenade had released a PB&J bar, I audibly shrieked with excitement (I never said I was cool). Sports nutritionist Tom Clifford agrees: “Processed protein doesn’t necessarily mean low quality. Whey protein, which is derived from milk, is a very high quality source of protein even though it’s processed.” Plant-based protein sources commonly used in bars include soy, rice and pea protein. Do protein bars make you put on weight? The peanut flavour is perfectly savoury, similar to the White Chocolate Peanut bar, and provides a delightful contrast to the sweet strawberry layer.

After some more ‘adventurous’ flavours, Grenade have reigned it in with this offering and returned to a chocolatey comfort zone. Grenade released this flavour in 2016 but, convinced I hated mint chocolate, I’ve waited until now to try it. If you’ve ever turned your nose up at something that’s ‘too sweet’, this bar probably isn’t for you. That being said, it’s wonderful. Whereas the ‘older’ bars all seem to hover around 15-16g, the newer flavours have been consistently up at 18-20g, almost matching the 20-22g protein in each bar. Although sweeteners have been used, the result is still very natural. In fact, I actually do think they could be made a little sweeter still.The best protein bars offer a convenient way to top up essential nutrients when on the move – but from the multitude of brands and flavours out there, how can you tell which taste great, are healthy enough to eat regularly and deliver the protein punch you need? Protein bars can be a healthier alternative to chocolate bars, offering additional nutrition. When eaten in moderation, they can be a great addition to a healthy, balanced diet and can help you to achieve your fitness goals. When should I eat a protein bar?

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop