Finding Me: The Grammy-winning memoir

Finding Me: The Grammy-winning memoir

RRP: £20.00
Price: £10
£10 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

In 2005 and 2006, Davis began a recurring role opposite Tom Selleck in a series of films made for television based on novels by Robert B. The descriptions of the living conditions of her home are hard to wrap one’s head around, but despite her parents having their hands full with their own demons, Viola managed to get some support from siblings and programs offered to her which helped to build her self-esteem, incentivized her to change the course of her life, propelling her toward achieving her dreams. Davis won the 2010 Tony Award for Best Actress in a Play for her role as Rose Maxson in the Broadway revival of August Wilson's play Fences.

She received critical acclaim and a Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role for her performance, [91] in addition to her sixth Golden Globe Award nomination and her second Academy Award nomination for Best Actress, her fourth nomination overall.Viola feared an entertainment career would not help her support herself, and she didn't want to live in poverty like her parents. Viola Davis is an internationally acclaimed actress and producer, known for her exceptional performances in television shows such as How to Get Away with Murder and movies such as Fences and The Help. a little luck (impossible without the work), ‘very’ interesting details about the BUSINESS of being a working actor ….

She is one of six children, grew up in a crowded home where her dad was abusive to her mom, and her and her siblings often went hungry and unclean. Feeling like I was in the room listening to her story made me want to reach out and hug her and let her know that she is worthy and how her light shines through in the world. Davis is also widely recognized for her advocacy and support of human rights and equal rights for women and women of color.

The project provides dermatological care to help heal the skin of those affected by poverty around the world. The TV and film business is saturated with people who think they're writing something human when it's really a gimmick.

For a year after graduating from Rhode Island College, Viola participated in various theater programs and did miscellaneous odd jobs to support herself. I’m not one to enjoy love stories but this was a stand out part of the book that really impacted me.The power of alchemy, that magical process of transformation and creation to believe at any given time I could be the somebody I always wanted to be. She provides the bleak statistics surrounding the film industry and how few actors and actresses are actually able to make it in this space.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop