How to Catch a Star

How to Catch a Star

RRP: £7.99
Price: £3.995
£3.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Finally, just when the boy is ready to give up, he learns that sometimes things aren’t where, or what, we expect them to be. How to Catch a Star by Oliver Jeffers is a great EYFS and KS1 space story to use alongside Twinkl teaching resources during your space topic. We follow the boy through the 32 illustrated pages and it is clear from the outside that this is one determined little boy, trying various sometimes hilarious ways to catch a star of his very own. If you have friends who play Animal Crossing too, open up your island and invite them over for the meteor shower!

You can check out their many Pokémon Go and Pokémon Sword and Shield guides and coverage here on iMore. While best known for the Magic Wand and Zodiac Furniture, Star Fragments are used in many other recipes. iMore offers spot-on advice and guidance from our team of experts, with decades of Apple device experience to lean on. Finally he sees a star ‘floating’ in the water and he thinks this is finally his chance get his prize – and so he does as a star fish washes up on the shore. The boy eventually catches the reflection of his beloved star in the sea and through his own creativity in the end he becomes the owner of what he believes to be a fallen star from the sky.

So he can choose a half eaten book for himself out of his little pile that I will read to him later.

Jeffers uses the simple relationship of a boy and his fascination with stars and turns it into a page turning story. Most of these recipes come from Celeste on her rare visits, so make sure you're checking around your island often after sunset. I also love the story ‘Katie and the Starry Night’ which works beautifully with the Oliver Jeffers book and can lead to art activities based on the Van Gough painting. With so few words actually telling this story Oliver Jeffers demonstrates the strength in his writing and his illustrations too. When this book lands on your shelf it will become a much loved part of your family, I have no doubt.Hailey is 7 and is more than capable of reading the short text in the book yet she too was enthralled, primarily by the vague, crisp images used, as she could see herself in the boy and recognized her own surroundings in that which the boy found himself. Each month, in addition to Star Fragments, you can also collect special Zodiac Fragments after wishing on stars. In areas of provision stars can be hidden in foam or gooey gloop, caught and threaded onto string or wool. When you wake up the next day, you will find Star Fragments washed up on the shore, just like seashells.

The images within themselves stand alone as little masterpieces – and set this book apart from many others in this sector. Role-play and drama is a great way to get the children to innovate their own ideas for how to catch a star and the wackier the better!An excellent book for children who are at the early readers stage too, as the images together with the short text will help guide them and the boy on his journey. we read There's a Shark in the Park and made our own telescopes before going for a shape hunt in the garden.

Throughout the evening, I was able to invite over five different friends to my first meteor shower via online multiplayer, and each of them found Star Fragments on their beaches the next day. Use alongside our Space Story Writing Resource Packto inspire space story writing in your KS1 classroom.

With the start of the school year now in plain sight we are getting back to our little traditions of book reading in the evening or at bedtime. We see him longingly staring up at his beloved star, waiting all day, climbing trees, contemplating using his spaceship but for the lack of petrol as he used it to get to the moon last Tuesday, seeking the help of a seagull, who would not help at all. Conor spent along time after the book was finished being read, looking through it’s pages and especially at the star’s reflection in the sea. If you show her one of the special Zodiac Fragments, she will also tell you a story about the Zodiac in question. I love using this book as part of a ‘Space’ topic in a Key Stage 1 as it has endless fabulous activities that it inspires and compliments.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop