The Roasting Tin: Simple One Dish Dinners (Rukmini’s Roasting Tin)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

If using frozen peas (100g), defrost in the microwave or soak for a few minutes in boiling water, then drain. With flexibility and creativity in mind, Rukmini takes care to include an extensive list of possible variations for each of her recipes. Each chapter begins by outlining the basic formula behind each of the different bakes and offers a customisable base recipe to follow to come up with your own flavour combos. The possibilities are endless. I shouldn’t have worried. The recipe turned out perfectly. The butternut and bulgur wheat was tender, aubergine deliciously soft and the halloumi still delightfully squeaky. I should’ve realised really, this busy midweek evening was the perfect road test for Rukmini’s cookbook, and I’m pleased to report it passed with flying colours. It now has a place on my ‘tier one cookbook shelf’. And that’s no mean feat. After much anticipation I finally got my hands on a copy of The Roasting Tin and couldn’t wait to cook a recipe from the book. After a spout of warm weather, this bulgur wheat tray bake piqued my interest complete with summery sprigs of mint.

Perfect for: Loyal fans of Rukmini already familiar with her uncomplicated, one-tin cooking style. Amateur and experienced bakers on the search for a fresh set of recipes. Having said that, the first thing I was drawn to make was the speedily-cooked crispy olive and pine nut-crusted cod with roasted red onions and cherry tomatoes, an irresistible combination of flavours on a day when it finally felt as if summer could be round the corner. It’s almost laughably easy to prepare, slicing an onion and crushing some pine nuts in a pestle and mortar being the most complicated cooking manoeuvres required – about all I was capable of after a long day in any case. Everything went into the eponymous tin and into the oven, and I barely had time to pour a glass of wine and ring my mum before the oven timer started beeping 15 minutes later. It’s an instant winner with the magical combination of simplicity of preparation, speed of cooking and fabulous flavours and textures (the pine nut and panko topping is inspired). I use a roasting tin that's roughly 20 x 30cm (8 x 12"), which comfortably manages 200-300g of couscous.What I thought: I am a huge fan of one pot cooking. Midweek evening meals for me are all about getting something interesting on the table with the least possible amount of time and effort. So the idea behind The Roasting Tinis like manna from heaven: imaginative food requiring minimal preparation (i.e. whilst the kids are having their supper), which can happily sit in the oven whilst I get them into bed. What I thought: If you need a cookbook that enables you to keep one eye on the dinner and one eye on the rest of your life, look no further than The Roasting Tin. Recipes we love: Marzipan, Lemon and Cardamom Loaf, Rhubarb and Vanilla Tart, Spiced Focaccia with Roasted Butternut Squash, Orange Choc Chip Bread and Butter Pudding.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop